PDA

View Full Version : Three Week Baby Boys

ed10463
07-30-2007, 09:36 AM
The two babies that I found last Monday are doing fine. One is quite a bit larger than the other, and is eating more and growing faster than the 'runt'.
Is there anything I can do to help the little one along? They're nursing on esbilac 1:1 with water, plus a half measure of cream. I'm feeding every three hours and once at night. They're pooping and peeing ok and love to eat and sleep.

Thanks,

- Ed

Critter_Queen
07-30-2007, 09:58 AM
The two babies that I found last Monday are doing fine. One is quite a bit larger than the other, and is eating more and growing faster than the 'runt'.
Is there anything I can do to help the little one along? They're nursing on esbilac 1:1 with water, plus a half measure of cream. I'm feeding every three hours and once at night. They're pooping and peeing ok and love to eat and sleep.

Thanks,

- Ed

Hi Ed! :wave123 You should mix the Esbilac 1 part powder to 2 parts water... You can feed the runt a small "half" feeding in between the regular 3-hour feedings if you feel she needs it. Can you weigh them? That's the best way to tell if they are doing well (besides the poops...they should be firm and formed and a golden yellow color) and makes it easy to know how much formula to feed them. If you could weigh them in grams, that would be best. My 2-3 weekers are gaining about 4 grams a day now...