PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions abouth 5 wk baby....

Trublondie96
07-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Hello everyone. I am new here and I have a baby that is about 5 1/2 weeks old. He opened his eyes a couple of days ago, has his bottom teeth and the tops are cutting, and he curls his tail. I am feeding him the correct formula and was now wondering what food to introduce him to? Whats should his cage be like? and he still likes to sleep alot and has bits of energy. I was wondering if I should take him out and play with him or let him sleep.

I will post pictures up later of him.
Thanks

susanw
07-29-2007, 03:31 PM
See the thread, baby squirrels ABC's. Do you plan on releasing this squirrel?

4skwerlz
07-29-2007, 03:35 PM
One of the great TSB rehabbers will be on shortly to help you. You couldn't get any better advice. Congratulations on raising your baby so far. And :Welcome to TSB!

Mars
07-29-2007, 04:35 PM
A best starter food is a good quality rodent block (found in pet stores as rat food or through Chris's squirrels and more) It's hard and good for teething on. AT first they will just shred it. Wait until they are actually eating it to introduce other solids. Rodent block can also be powdered and added to the formula. This is a balanced food to base a healthy diet on.

Once they are eating their rodent block you can slowly introduce ( watch their stool for trouble) other dry weaning foods. I stay away from fresh fruits until they are weaned. :)

Mars
07-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Try here for all kinds of caging ideas. :)

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4362&highlight=caging

Trublondie96
07-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks alot