PDA

View Full Version : Armadillos

Jen413
02-07-2018, 02:38 PM
What is something I can put out to deter armadillos? I live up against the woods and have one that comes into my yard every night. My dogs go nuts over it. They won't hurt it, they just stand and bark non stop at it. And still every night it returns. I wouldn't really care if it wasn't digging up my yard! I don't want to relocate it. I just want it to stay in the woods and not in my yard. Last year it was in the front yard. This year it's in the back.

Trooper
02-07-2018, 06:23 PM
Coming from a country where Dillos where a delicacy dish, I can tell you they don't like ammonia, moth balls, vinegar smells and if they are digging your lawn, spraying castor oil will work in two ways: the smell repell them and the grubs they a re looking for move out of the lawn and hence the dillo will too.

Also be aware that Armadillos are famous for carrying the leprosy bacteria, which althout now it can be cured with AB, its not a fun trip knowing you have it.

Regards,

Trooper's dad

Jen413
02-07-2018, 09:42 PM
My husband will be spraying my yard with vinegar!! That’ll repell me and the Dillo! Ha!

Thank you!!