PDA

View Full Version : Help with Video's....

chadfromphilly
07-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello, I hope someone may be able to help me. I own a Mac and a camera (casio) that can shoot videos. I shot a couple of two to three minute clips and wanted to upload them to my computer. I would like to post them onto youtube ect. So I downloaded a required plugin called DivX it worked to a point. No Video just audio.... So my question is... How do you upload video's to a Mac. I know it can be done as I'm pretty sure that most people in the video/editing field use Mac's. Can anyone help? :thankyou
Chad

Bravo
07-29-2007, 02:36 PM
You may find some tips at Youtube itself in the Help area. Sorry, that's about all I can suggest.

Alaskan Squirrel Cam
07-29-2007, 02:43 PM
Hello, I hope someone may be able to help me. I own a Mac and a camera (casio) that can shoot videos. I shot a couple of two to three minute clips and wanted to upload them to my computer. I would like to post them onto youtube ect. So I downloaded a required plugin called DivX it worked to a point. No Video just audio.... So my question is... How do you upload video's to a Mac. I know it can be done as I'm pretty sure that most people in the video/editing field use Mac's. Can anyone help? :thankyou
Chad

Hello Chad, I suggest instead of DivX you use Quicktime Pro, that way you can download directly from you Camera through USB or Firewire and output to any format allowed. When you download to such sites as UTube which actually then reformats to a flash format for embedding and viewing.

bob

chadfromphilly
07-30-2007, 11:06 AM
thanx ,I'll try that..

Abi
08-03-2007, 09:15 PM
on a mac - try iMovie... thats the bog standard fare that came with the mac - just import in the film and edit and..... thats where my knowledge of macs ends!

Alternatively.. http://www.jumpcut.com :D

I am a mac n00b.... lol :)
I am learning - slowly! :D