PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Wendy Beers, DVM

Remy
01-28-2018, 05:44 AM
Does anyone know if Dr. Wendy Beers works on squirrels in CA without owner having a permit? Is she specialized in rodent dentistry? Unreleasable squirrel with severe malocclusion needs help and owner has no permit.

island rehabber
01-28-2018, 06:29 AM
Send a PM to SophieSquirrel if he doesn't respond here -- I think he knows her, or knows about her. :great

SophieSquirrel
01-28-2018, 08:30 AM
Remy,

What happened with the vet reference I gave you near Reno? Unfortunately Dr. Beers has retired and the only other one I know of is in Long Beach (Los Angeles). I would not drive into California with a squirrel as they have Aphis checkpoints when entering the state. If they see your little one Fish and Wildlife will be called and they will seize him.

If you had no luck with the one I gave you I will find you another vet.

Remy
01-28-2018, 01:48 PM
I contacted Kreature Komforts....out of office but will get back. Just saw a post about Dr. Beers and her training and she sounded amazing! Thanks for your help. Just researching as much as possible.

SophieSquirrel
01-28-2018, 03:47 PM
I would wait for the vet in Sparks to re-open.

Dr. Beers was the best rodent dentist in the USA in the 1990's. Another great rodent dentist is Dr. Heidi Hoefer in Huntington Station, NY - too far from Nevada! Dr. Beers, Hoefer and Antinoff (Houston TX) all trained under Dr. David Crossley one of the top rodent dentists in the world. I knew Dr. Beers in the 1990's so I guess her age is preventing her from doing detailed work. California is by far the worst state for any exotic so I would not bring one across state lines for a vet appointment. They even seize and destroy common Gerbils there. UT & CO are almost as bad.

https://lafeber.com/vet/crossley/