PDA

View Full Version : Yum Yum

Hmt
01-23-2018, 11:15 AM
Hello everyone, Yum Yum needs a diaper, any ideas?

SophieSquirrel
01-23-2018, 11:59 AM
Hmt,

Here is a great post about the subject. I added some Ideas and JulieCSchultz is designing one. A drag "skute" would work best with a liner to absorb the urine. An actual sealed diaper like a baby wears would cause bacteria build-up and urine scald unless changed constantly. I know someone who could make it with durable materials.

Post Link: https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?59552-I-am-designing-diaper-harness-for-squirrels!-Anyone-interested&highlight=paralyzed+diaper

Chickenlegs
01-23-2018, 01:44 PM
How often can whatever you decide on be changed? Julie’s diaper is brilliant in that it actually encircles the body and has a chance of staying on for a prolonged period of time. An absorbant liner would wick urine away so it’s not touching the body. A skute has to be monitered as it’s velcroed around the waist. I made a drag bag for Scooter when he was young. He was NOT going to allow it on his body—no way no how. He chewed every one off. He accepts the skute. A liner helps with urine scald. You are going to need to help your girl adapt. She isn’t going to like ANY of it—Scooter certainly doesn’t. Whatever you decide on, begin NOW. Julie said in her original post she would make a diaper if asked. I will be happy to make a Yum-skute. Neither will eliminate the need for a bath unfortunately, though a careful regime of cleaning will minimize that. Don’t forget to share what you come up with. We are FAMILY!