PDA

View Full Version : New member Donna Upstate NY

Luvwildlife
01-18-2018, 08:14 AM
Good Morning everyone
I found this forum after looking for reasons why my squirrels were losing their fur on their tails and what I could do to help them. I went to tractor supply and got the ivermectin paste and started treating them. Most difficult part is making sure you don't treat the same one twice in less than a 7 to 10 day treatment span. Thanks for letting me join

island rehabber
01-18-2018, 08:50 AM
Good Morning everyone
I found this forum after looking for reasons why my squirrels were losing their fur on their tails and what I could do to help them. I went to tractor supply and got the ivermectin paste and started treating them. Most difficult part is making sure you don't treat the same one twice in less than a 7 to 10 day treatment span. Thanks for letting me join

:Welcome Donna, from IR in downstate NY. :wave123 :grin2 Glad you found us.
How are you dosing the ivermectin paste? Just a caution to be very very careful because ivermec overdose can be fatal. Are these wild babies you are treating, or rehab squirrels at your home?

Luvwildlife
01-18-2018, 09:16 AM
They are wildlife and yes of course. A treatment
Of about the size of a grain of uncooked rice in a 7 to10 day time span. Thanks for responding.

Nancy in New York
01-18-2018, 09:25 AM
They are wildlife and yes of course. A treatment
Of about the size of a grain of uncooked rice in a 7 to10 day time span. Thanks for responding.

The time span is 10-14 days according to the Wild Mammal Babies book.

Luvwildlife
01-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Ok which is fine since I just have the first dose.:serenl

Chickenlegs
01-18-2018, 11:48 AM
Thank you for taking care of the little guys :grin3

LR
01-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Good to meet you Donna. Glad your here!