PDA

View Full Version : In need of rehabilitator near Rock Falls / Sterling, IL

summerskye1214
01-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Hello, I know someone looking for a rehabilitator near the Rock Falls / Sterling, IL area. He has a squirrel who has his front legs injured. I am just getting this information from messaging him. I figured someone here would be able to help better than me!

SophieSquirrel
01-11-2018, 10:37 AM
The closest one to Sterling is Oaken Acres and they have access to vets that will treat squirrels. Not too far of a drive and would offer the best possible care.

Call Alyssa at: (815) 895-9666

Oaken Acres Wildlife Center 12140 Aldrich Rd, Sycamore, IL 60178

Here is their website: http://www.oakenacres.org/

Please post back and let us know how the squirrel made out.

HRT4SQRLS
01-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Another good option is 2nd Hand Ranch Rescue in Princeton. It's 38 miles from Sterling.
https://www.2ndhandranch.com

She is a member of TSB and an awesome rehabber.

SophieSquirrel
01-11-2018, 03:26 PM
summerskye1214,

I spoke with Nancy Johnson from 2nd hand ranch and she said you may have contacted her a few days ago about this squirrel. If that was you PLS call her ASAP 309-738-7480. That squirrel needs to get to a rehabber and with that kind of serious injury self-rehab usually never works out well for the squirrel. She can get it to a vet tomorrow if you bring it to her today.

Thanks

Nancy in New York
01-11-2018, 04:36 PM
summerskye1214,

I spoke with Nancy Johnson from 2nd hand ranch and she said you may have contacted her a few days ago about this squirrel. If that was you PLS call her ASAP 309-738-7480. That squirrel needs to get to a rehabber and with that kind of serious injury self-rehab usually never works out well for the squirrel. She can get it to a vet tomorrow if you bring it to her today.

Thanks

I just sent summerskye1214 an email, telling her to come back to the board.
We've found help for her.

Thank you SophieSquirrel.

summerskye1214
01-11-2018, 04:41 PM
This person is from a group on Facebook. I have passed on the information to him. I can't do much more than that, since I am in a different state. Thank you guys!

Nancy in New York
01-11-2018, 05:01 PM
This person is from a group on Facebook. I have passed on the information to him. I can't do much more than that, since I am in a different state. Thank you guys!
Thank YOU! Please keep us posted.

2ndHandRanchRescue
01-11-2018, 05:29 PM
The person in Rock Falls called me yesterday or the day before (its been a crazy week ) when she first found the squirrel and I said I could take if they could get to me. I think they didn't want to deliver but someone to pick up. I will always help a little squirrel. I actually have a vet appt with other animals tomorrow morning. I also told them to go to my FB page to see the list of all the DNR rehabbers. Rock Falls is about an 45 minutes away - not that far. Just 2 roads from my house get you there.

SophieSquirrel
01-11-2018, 06:36 PM
Summerskye, If it's a gas thing I would gladly send gas him money just to get the little one to Nancy. Hopefully he gets the message as there is a bad ice storm coming to Illinois. Try to get his phone number and call Nancy @ 2ndhandranch so she can speak to him direct to make arrangements. It's easier than 3rd party through a facebook group.