PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe is my baby im trying to figure out how to put pics on here

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Look at squirrel attacking my family I posted my story

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 12:34 PM
I love my squirrel. It has been a emotional rollercoaster and Im still riding on it. I wouldn't tell anyone to get a squirrel. He was a sweet Angel when I found him. But that changed fast. He's always loved me and my daughter,(still does). But he started attacking my family. I posted my long story. Please look st my thread. I got some wonderful advice from people who know, care, and will support u if u have a squirrel already or if u are considering. This forum has been great and I've learned so much.please research before u get one as much as possible. Its not like raising dogs,cats, ferret,mouse, ducks, I thought j could handle it but I wouldn't do jt again I would take it to a rehabbed or animal hospital:grouphug

LR
12-09-2017, 12:48 PM
This is the link to your other thread....
https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?59308-MY-pet-squirrel-is-attacking-my-family-i

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:05 PM

:Love_Icon I hope yall like my pic of my baby

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:07 PM

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:09 PM

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:14 PM

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:17 PM

296845my Kitty who found my squirrel. He's 10 yrs old. My best friend in the world

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:21 PM
296845my Kitty who found my squirrel. He's 10 yrs old. My best friend in the world

296846This is Gavin kept him for 3wks but he didn't survive long the turtles in my pond will eat them when they're small. RIP lil baby

Fuzz24butt
12-09-2017, 07:24 PM

Scooterzmom
12-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Adorable :Love_Icon

Scooterzmom
12-09-2017, 09:39 PM

Awwww... cutie pie! :Love_Icon

SophieSquirrel
12-09-2017, 10:16 PM
I wouldn't tell anyone to get a squirrel. He was a sweet Angel when I found him. But that changed fast. He's always loved me and my daughter,(still does). But he started attacking my family.

And you did a great job of raising your boy! He was sweet as a baby but now he is grown and his instincts are kicking in. The fact that he found a "squirrel friend" is a good thing. I have had many NR's over the years and I only take in and keep those with disabilities that cannot go into the wild. It is a challenge having a 1/2 tame 1/2 wild super intelligent animal that challenges you and others. I know you miss him but he is a healthy boy who is maturing and will be happier with his freedom. Also with your family situation and "M-I-L" keeping him would be an issue. We are a 2 adult household which makes it easier keeping NR's.

Having had the joy of a squirrel in your life you could volunteer with rehabbers and learn more. Somewhere out there is a semi-paralyzed or squirrel with neurological problems that needs a forever home. These little ones cannot be released and care by humans is their only chance of survival. As you peruse this board you will see many sweet captive squirrels that have balance problems etc that are not capable of typical wild squirrel behavior. They have no choice but to accept their condition and adapt. South Carolina is one of the good states where you can keep a captive without issues.

I have attached a photo of my little "Buddi" an Achondroplastic Dwarf who will always need a forever home. She will never survive in the wild and a fellow rehabber turned over custody knowing she would be in good hands. You will always love Roscoe but somewhere out there is a little "Buddi" in need of someone caring like you. There is a lot to learn about keeping a captive squirrel happy and healthy and this board is tops in that area with the many experts on here.

Buddi

HRT4SQRLS
12-10-2017, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the pics fuzz24butt.
I can see that Roscoe was a cherished member of your family.
I love the peaceful Sleeping Beauties pic. Precious! :serene

Just curious... Is it possible to scatter inshell nuts AWAY from the house? (Maybe at the base of the tree if it's far enough from the house)
If so, I would scatter a few there and leave. I would definitely break the association between PEOPLE=FOOD but I think anonymous 'found' nuts would be OK.

He's not still coming near the house is he? It's really weird because I have released SO many but none have ever stayed around to attack and I've released some mean ones. :eek I released a pet squirrel for someone that I renamed...
I called him Leroy Brown. :rotfl

island rehabber
12-10-2017, 07:55 AM
I don't release from my home but this is surely not the first time I've heard of a squirrel behaving like Roscoe. In fact, I believe the original founders of The Squirrel Board, Jim and Trish Eliason, had a man-eating female who used to attack EVERYone who tried to get in or out of the house for awhile :shark. I don't remember how they finally dealt with her, but this is not the first time I've heard of this behavior. Certain squirrels become extremely territorial and regard the entire home as their nest.

Fuzz24butt
12-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Adorable :Love_Icon

God bless u loving ur angels I haven't seen mine in 4 days and I'm worried but think he ran off with his new girlfriend

Fuzz24butt
12-10-2017, 03:46 PM
God bless u loving ur angels I haven't seen mine in 4 days and I'm worried but think he ran off with his new girlfriend

You gotta be a special person to raise squirrels my heart breaks that u lost them but they are in ur heart evertday

Fuzz24butt
06-06-2019, 05:02 PM

He looks so innocent here!