PDA

View Full Version : Milk thistle seed

PlaynAngel
11-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Ok so my vet wants me to give Rocky milk thistle liquid. He hates it. Has anyone ever heard of giving an eastern gray nr squirrel milk thistle seed. The actual seed not the refined capsules... I ordered it on line but I am terrified of giving him it as it may hurt him. Please let me know if anyone knows.

BTW. I got Rocky a new lamp the ExoTerra uvb 150. Apparently the one that I had was NOT strong enough and the poor guy was not getting the proper amount of Lu got which was making him hair fall out. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE before you spend $3000 on vet bills like I have please make sure that u have the proper wattage bulb. $25 is all he really needed. His coat is so much better he has so much more energy and has gained weight. All in all I am glad the I went to the vet and his calcium levels were ok but if u guys notice theses same symptoms please check the light first then give vitamins and calcium.

Anyway any help the milk thistle seed question would be appreciated. THANKS TO ALL FOR ALL THE ADVICE AND SUPPORT AS ALWAYS!

Diggie's Friend
11-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Are you giving him the one with alcholol content, it may be why. This is another source of MTS organic in organic vegetable glycerine. It is the source I included in my diet for tree squirrels.

https://www.amazon.com/Oregons-Wild-Harvest-Thistle-Supplement/dp/B00J9MKEUG/ref=sr_1_sc_1_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1510538953&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Oregon+milk+thistle+seed+elixer

Youi can try putting the MTS source you have into 1/4 tsp. of naturally sweetened (with no sugars or artificial sugars added) organic applesauce; or to organic baked Butternut, or Acorn squash; or to a small measure of plain organic yogurt with a small measure of 1/4 Tsp. of the same applesauce. There is also the dry organic MTS seed, that can be included in with baked squash.

https://www.amazon.com/Oregons-Wild-Harvest-Thistle-Supplement/dp/B000Q3W1OE

stepnstone
11-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Ok so my vet wants me to give Rocky milk thistle liquid. He hates it. Has anyone ever heard of giving an eastern gray nr squirrel milk thistle seed. The actual seed not the refined capsules... I ordered it on line but I am terrified of giving him it as it may hurt him. Please let me know if anyone knows.

This would be a question best refereed back to your vet and his reasons behind prescribing the milk thistle.
The seeds may or may not render the same results, process of delivery may be a factor.

CritterMom
11-13-2017, 03:26 AM
Milk thistle is also available as a capsule - open it and inside is the ground up plant material. That may be more acceptable for him than the alcohol-based liquid.