PDA

View Full Version : Sparky needs help packing for vacation

sparkysmom
05-06-2006, 03:28 PM
It's getting close to time to start planning for vacation. We usually spend about 10 days in the mountains. This will be the first year I have had to pack for a squirrel. Any tips would be great. Any feedback too on how they do in a different environment too.
Thanks!
Sparky and Mom

Squerly
05-06-2006, 04:26 PM
I have a tip... Come rent my cabin. I need the money.... :D

sparkysmom
05-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey that sounds pretty good, Sparky and I have been talking about taking our own vacation and letting the rest go on their own.:wahoo

Momma Squirrel
05-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I second Squerly's suggestion, it cost alot of money to feed these squirrels LOL not to mention Squerly's own toys :D Chipper traveled with us for his entire life, not sure what to tell you except make sure that you go over where ever you rent with a fine tooth comb to make sure there are no traps, poisons or places Sparky could get hurt. We actually would take masking tape and duct tape and tape anything that we didn't like. He was a great little traveler, as long as he knew we were there he was happy. Didn't have as much freedom though so that didn't sit well with him but as long as the food kept coming he had a smile on his face :crazy

CliffordandDaisy'sDad
05-06-2006, 08:38 PM
I've been thinking about this ever since you first posted.

I can't think of anything that I'm sure you haven't already thought of.

Take everything! LOL

sage1970
05-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Depending on how far you are going from home...you might want to take along water for him.

The changes in chemicals, chlorine, etc can sometimes cause an upset belly. At least with dogs and cats it can...I would think squirrels would be the same.

Squerly
05-07-2006, 03:36 AM
Depending on how far you are going from home...you might want to take along water for him.

An ice cube will cover the water issue and they don't spill. Cube melts a little, squirrel drinks a little, life is good. :)

One last thing. Be sure he can't get out of his cage and get loose in the car or worse yet, on the trip from the house to the car. Nothing ruin your vacation faster than a runaway squirrel.

sparkysmom
05-07-2006, 04:35 AM
And runaway MOM!