PDA

View Full Version : Going for an eyes still closed weight record!!!

Issyb17
09-23-2017, 04:27 PM
Little Gem came to me around three weeks old. . Her sibling died from the fall. She was pretty bruised up. And she wasn't taking to a syringe very well. Some amazing ladies here sent me some miracle nipples and she went from 75 grams to currently 175 grams!!!! I thought her eyes were going to be open last weekend. I was sure they would be open by Monday. Nope. Here we are and it's almost Sunday, again, and they're still closed. She's such a tubbylittle thing that it cracks me up. I'm not too worried because she has plenty of energy and obviously an appetite. It's just weird to have such a big baby with eyes still closed.
I saw a few posts about heavy babies and a whole litter that topped 200 before their eyes opened. I'm thinking we will be competing for that record 😂

*shes eating about 10-12ccs every 4-5 hours and no night feedings. I have the correct powder Esbliac with probiotics and have been adding heavy whipping cream (feeding both her and Lola) but my next batch will be made without the cream. 😜

I can't ever see the pictures before I post them on my phone but there is one of Gem from yesterday, one of her badly bruised leg the day I got her, a week later and then two weeks later. And then a current pic of my other baby Lola. The day I got her (7-10 days old) and current (about 8 weeks)

Issyb17
09-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Oops, forgot to add that Gem came to me on September 6 and I estimated she was around 3 weeks so that would make her 5ish weeks. Here's a couple pics from the first day she was here.

Nancy in New York
09-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Your little ones are precious, thanks for sharing.:klunk:klunk

A few years back I was babysitting some of island rehabbers babies.
She brought up one that was the biggest eyes closed baby I had ever seen.
I think it topped the scale at 193 grams. I didn't know if she wanted me to babysit him, or release him. :rolf
The following year I got four "Tuft Babies" all 4 of them were over 200 grams and eyes still closed. :eek
Here is one that was still syringe fed at 9 weeks. They were HUGE but still taking baba.
I brought them for release at around 5 months, and the member (Squirlgirl) who released them said after release
they still came back for their morning formula for weeks later.
https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-gNXdSM4/0/a35afcc2/M/i-gNXdSM4-M.jpg

island rehabber
09-23-2017, 06:20 PM
The trend continues.....my Prima, who was about 180g with eyes still closed, is now in her twelfth week and ready for the pre-release cage........EXCEPT SHE STILL TAKES 30-40cc twice a day!!!! :rotfl:boot:shakehead:headbang:grin3

Nancy in New York
09-23-2017, 06:51 PM
The trend continues.....my Prima, who was about 180g with eyes still closed, is now in her twelfth week and ready for the pre-release cage........EXCEPT SHE STILL TAKES 30-40cc twice a day!!!! :rotfl:boot:shakehead:headbang:grin3

I love when they still take their formula.
The absolute best insurance against MBD! :w00t