PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed New Jersey

Ann AMMAR
07-06-2017, 12:04 PM
Please do not call animal control. Most will just pick it up and kill it.
Where in NJ are you? If you want I can come pick him up tomorrow or even tonight if you can meet somewhere.

I am a new member on the squirrel board and I'm just learning how to post. I'm looking up information about a squirrel that is in my yard that is falling over and can't sit up when it eats and can't run properly and fits the description that you guys are speaking about in this thread. I live in New Jersey And called Animal Control for three raccoons which were orphaned and they pick them up and they said that they were compromise too much because of Maggot infestation and they euthanize them. But now that I'm reading that Animal Control may not be the best choice for rescuing an animal, given what happen with the raccoons, I don't want them to kill the squirrel either. So I'm wondering if this person lives anywhere near me, in New Jersey, to help catch the squirrel and treat it. I live in Woodbury in South Jersey across from Philadelphia. Please let me know if you can help.

Mel1959
07-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Ann AMMAR, this is an old thread. You will get more eyes on your question if you start a new thread in the EMERGENCY section and title it NEED HELP WITH DISORIENTATED SQUIRREL. There may be a member close by that can physically help or someone can offer advice.

Do you detect any foaming around the mouth? Do you have reason to believe this could be poisoning? Would you be able to trap it with a havahart trap, if needed? Thank you for trying to help this little one.

Spanky
07-06-2017, 01:08 PM
I moved these posts to a new thread seeking help in Jersey. Here is a the link to the old post referenced, that describes the issues the Jersey girl is experiencing...

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?14465-Outside-Squirrel-seems-disoriented-and-falls-over&p=1225103#post1225103

island rehabber
07-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Pleae call TSB member Jean Parker, at 917-733-7201. She runs Garden State Wildlife Center and is excellent. Hopefully she can help!

Ann AMMAR
07-08-2017, 08:42 AM
I just wanted to let those who have responded to my first post that I have called the number given to me at garden state wildlife. I am waiting for a return call and I hope that I can get some further assistance for this squirrel that is falling over and imbalanced. As far as I can tell he doesn't have a foaming mouth. I just want to thank you all for your assistance to me. I'm not sure we're going to be able to catch this one I'm not sure what to do yet but I'm waiting for further information and I'm continuing to feed him In my yard along with all the other squirrels. It rained cats and dogs yesterday and he did not come out to eat like the others. It was probably too difficult for him. But I just seen him this morning and he seems to have tried to eat a little bit.