PDA

View Full Version : New squirrel owner

ClassyLassie
06-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Hi !
I'm a new to sharing my home with our baby squirrel Rocky. We have had him for almost 3weeks and have a good relationship we believe he is 12 weeks now. I would like to give Rocky some free range play but the only place for it is in the other end of the house. I want to get him comfortable with going back and forth to the rooms. But every time he climbed up on me and we move from his cage he jumps back, or jumps off me and crawls aways and hides. Any tips or advice to help us get to our play room?

TubeDriver
06-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Hi,
What kind of squirrel is Rocky?

Hi !
I'm a new to sharing my home with our baby squirrel Rocky. We have had him for almost 3weeks and have a good relationship we believe he is 12 weeks now. I would like to give Rocky some free range play but the only place for it is in the other end of the house. I want to get him comfortable with going back and forth to the rooms. But every time he climbed up on me and we move from his cage he jumps back, or jumps off me and crawls aways and hides. Any tips or advice to help us get to our play room?

ClassyLassie
06-06-2017, 05:53 PM
Rocky is a Gray squirrel

TubeDriver
06-06-2017, 06:24 PM
There is a current thread that contains LOTS of really critical info about raising a squirrel.

Read through this and it will answer lots of questions!

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?56781-Caring-for-my-first-quot-pet-quot-squirrel-Lots-of-questions!

ClassyLassie
06-06-2017, 09:07 PM
Thank you! :)

DarkLies212
06-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Welcome to TSB!

By owner do you mean that Rocky is a forever squirrel? What's his diet like? Also...
:worthless

Chirp
06-07-2017, 12:46 PM
Hi and welcome, I like the name, I had a Black Squirrel that i named Rocky,
I now have a gray one that is named Wally.

I use a rec room as free range place for Wally, Right now i just have some old office chairs with yoga balls placed in a line for him to jump to.
Them i have old suit bag hanging thats filled with fleece fabric that he plays with.
I make sure no wires he can get a hold of. All plugs are capped.

I dont give him free run of the house, as there are way to many things he could get into,

Scott
06-12-2017, 09:23 PM
This thread started with, "New Squirrel Owner" .....

Just to be clear, I learn everyday .... my squirrel, owns me ....