PDA

View Full Version : What is it about squirrels?

RuSquirrel
04-27-2017, 08:54 AM
This is more of a rhetorical question but after raising my first orphaned baby squirrel I just have to ask... what is it about squirrels that makes them so special??? I have always been an animal lover and raised many different babies on our farm growing up, but I never felt a connection with an animal like I did this little baby squirrel. At times I felt like I was raising a human child. I remember tucking him into his nest one night and he sleepily reached his little arm out and gathered some covers and pulled them close up under his chin, just like a little human would do! There's something very primate-ish about their movements, and it doesn't surprise me that a lot of people recommend monkey food for them. I even went so far to look up the earliest human ancestors.. and guess what.. they basically looked like squirrels! I'm just curious if anyone else hasn't experienced this special connection with squirrels. They are just fascinating!

Mel1959
04-27-2017, 09:23 AM
I think it's safe to say that EVERYONE on here has felt that same, or similar, connection with these little fuzz butts. This is why we are here offering advice and enjoying each story that is shared. :grouphug. We call it Squirrel Magic. :Love_Icon

Chirp
04-27-2017, 10:44 AM
My other Squirrel Rocky has been outside living on his own for 3 years,
It always makes me smile when i come home and there comes to say Hi.
Still sucks up for treats.

RuSquirrel
04-27-2017, 12:04 PM
My other Squirrel Rocky has been outside living on his own for 3 years,
It always makes me smile when i come home and there comes to say Hi.
Still sucks up for treats.

That's nice to hear that he still comes to visit! I'm hoping mine will too when he's older :)

Cubby
04-27-2017, 12:40 PM
We call it Squirrel Magic. :Love_Icon
There's definitely something special about squirrels, so much intelligence and character in such a cute fuzzy package. :Love_Icon

Shewhosweptforest
04-27-2017, 06:26 PM
:serene Squirrel Magic :serene once infected:dono you're a lifelong carrier :Love_Icon

:Welcome :wave123 we're all :owned