PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: ANTIBIOTIC DOSAGE NEEDED FOR PNEUMONIA _ADULT SQ.

mihaeal6
04-20-2017, 11:47 AM
Hi,
My little darling, adult male Sq. with old neuro injury (weight: 550gr) seems to have pneumonia and at this point -

the antibiotic is a must ASAP.

Clicking, wheezing and heavy breathing for 2 days now.

He's being fed formula, so it might be that accidentally it got into his lungs.

I have no vet option.

Please help me with the formula for dosage for antibiotic Clindamycin, 150mg - the only one I have

at hands and no chance to have any different one till weekend.

I suppose it's the right one from the info I found on one site:

"Uses:
Serious infections caused by susceptible organisms:
-Staphylococci, streptococci, and pneumococci, including serious respiratory tract infections and skin and soft tissue infections"

I know it's very harsh one with the side affects and I might have to stop, if they are too severe.

Is there any other AB that is good for pneumonia, so I can switch later, if I have to.

Thank you ahead for anyone's attention to my plea here.

cava
04-20-2017, 01:53 PM
Hang in there, people with the information may be at work. Keep trying back, they'll get to you soon. Refresh your page often.

HRT4SQRLS
04-20-2017, 02:02 PM
I sent dosing. Not sure if it will work.

mihaeal6
04-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Thank you everyone for being supportive and helpful.
The clicking and the wheezing have subsided after 2 dozes. At night he was pretty restless,
trying to get the good position. This antibiotic (Clindamycin) is extremely bitter and taste soooooo awful - no wonder it was
in the capsule,- so we, humans never have to taste it. He was crying loud (like never before with 2 other AB) while we were forcing him to take it. The tiny smudge on my tongue made me run to drink/eat something to get that taste out
of my mouth.

Jen413
04-21-2017, 08:48 PM
I have a boy that had complicated issues and just got off of clindamyacin after six and a half months!! I hid it in a medicine ball and it was his treat for almost the entire time.

I ground up rodent blocks into a fine powder in the blender. Then I crushed up two tums. Took a handful of nuts and ground it up with the other stuff and added applesauce until it became a thick paste. At med time I'd form a ball then push my finger into it to make a sort of bowl. Add a little dry powdered rodent block into the "bowl" and squirt the medicine into it. Then I just balled it back up over the meds and folded it over a few times to mix it in. He went crazy for it. Maybe that would work for your boy too?