PDA

View Full Version : What do you get when you cross a professional photographer with foster squirrels?

ClemC5
04-06-2017, 07:11 AM

It will soon be time for them to go, we sure have loved every minute of them with us. Just checking them out one last time before going into the RC full time.

HRT4SQRLS
04-06-2017, 08:35 AM
It look like you get some awesome squirrel pics. :grin2Nice job.

We sure would love to see more. Even when they are released you can capture some great shots. I'll be looking for more. :thumbsup

stosh2010
04-06-2017, 09:13 AM
Nice photos...
tell us their story---DETAILS............DETAILS---(thanks)
I lived in Florida for over 30 years...and didn't start taking care of squirrels until I moved to Costa Rica in 2008....

island rehabber
04-06-2017, 09:26 AM
beautiful shots! I am wondering how you get those stills to be so clear when your squirrels are not eating :rotfl. All my pix are of my guys eating something because otherwise they are just a blur....:grin2

stosh2010
04-06-2017, 09:34 AM
beautiful shots! I am wondering how you get those stills to be so clear when your squirrels are not eating :rotfl. All my pix are of my guys eating something because otherwise they are just a blur....:grin2

Might be the VALIUM....Ha!!

ClemC5
04-06-2017, 09:57 AM
Details? ok, well we decided we did not have enough to do in our lives this year, so we decided to spend all of our expendable funds and time learning how to foster and release small mammals, we researched on line, joined this group, bought books, talked to a vet and took classes at a local rescue center. Sure enough when we were ready the rescue center called and we soon had four fur babies with their eyes still shut, cold and dehydrated. Two were siblings and the other two were lone survivors from a recent storm that had been brought in. One of the lone survivors didn’t make it, but the other three have done great. I am sure we have gone through the same trails and late nights as most of you have. We have learned so much in a very short time, but have enjoyed doing this so much. Tomorrow they make the big move to the RC full time and in a couple of weeks I will open the door. Sure am going to miss those guys, but you can tell they are getting wilder by the day. The Squirrel Board is a wealth of information that sure is a great resource to have at your fingertips to answer questions and get advice. Also it is comforting to know that I am not the only crazy person out there that puts myself through this. It’s true, you have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never possibly repay you. Thanks

ClemC5
04-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Yes ! Valium and a fast camera work every time! :grin2

TubeDriver
04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
This is so true! :great

It’s true, you have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never possibly repay you. Thanks