PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to raising squirrels

Animal_Lover11
03-12-2017, 07:45 PM
This is my first post to TSB. I took in three grey girls about two weeks ago (2/27/17). I'm also a newbie to raising squirrels, but have always been an animal lover/good caretaker. Thanks so much to this website as well as a few others for all the info, otherwise my girls probably wouldn't have made it. I live in central Missouri, my girls are about a week younger than yours. I was thinking it was early for them too. Are there any other websites for Midwest states/MO only? I ask because I'd like to attend meetings/gatherings with other squirrel parents. Tia

Nancy in New York
03-12-2017, 07:47 PM
This is my first post to TSB. I took in three grey girls about two weeks ago (2/27/17). I'm also a newbie to raising squirrels, but have always been an animal lover/good caretaker. Thanks so much to this website as well as a few others for all the info, otherwise my girls probably wouldn't have made it. I live in central Missouri, my girls are about a week younger than yours. I was thinking it was early for them too. Are there any other websites for Midwest states/MO only? I ask because I'd like to attend meetings/gatherings with other squirrel parents. Tia

Welcome Tia to TSB.
Would you like me to move your post to non emergency,
and we can get to know you and your little ones better?
This way you will have your own thread and we can share
our "wisdom" with you.
Again, welcome to TSB.

Animal_Lover11
03-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Oh I meant- "thanks in advance" by (TIA), sorry used to posting on Facebook groups lol. Yes that would be great, sorry I had a feeling I'd mess this up somehow. Once it's moved I'll post a photo if I can figure it out. Haha. Thanks so much again!! 😃

Nancy in New York
03-12-2017, 08:25 PM
Oh I meant- "thanks in advance" by (TIA), sorry used to posting on Facebook groups lol. Yes that would be great, sorry I had a feeling I'd mess this up somehow. Once it's moved I'll post a photo if I can figure it out. Haha. Thanks so much again!! 😃

LOLOLOL sorry about the name. :)
I will move it now and then sent you a link in a pm.
We love pictures.

Nancy in New York
03-12-2017, 08:27 PM
IF you want a different title, just let me know.

Nancy in New York
03-12-2017, 08:38 PM

Just a few questions.
What are you feeding these little ones?
We find that many get the formulas confused due to various
things they read on the internet.
How much do they weigh?
How often are you feeding, and
What sized syringe do you use?
Also do you have a heating pad set on low
UNDER, not in, half of their container with lots of fleece
to crawl up on if they get too warm? We have
seen heating pads that overheat so it's important that the
little ones can crawl OFF and away from the heat if that happens.

The unique thing about TSB is that we are an active
forum with up to date information shared by many across
the country.

We are not a static page that sometimes doesn't get updated
for years, we are current with real live help! :)

This is an excellent starter guide to read for newbies.
It's 6 pages long but a very fast informative read.
Please take a look and ask all the questions you want.

Next arrow is at the top right.
http://www.henryspets.com/baby-squirrel-care/

KarmaKay
03-13-2017, 01:52 AM

That's ok :grin2 Welcome to the squirrel board! I'm in Springfield Il. Wow, you're doing great to have three babies your first run. This place has so many experienced rehabbers that are a wealth of knowledge.