PDA

View Full Version : UTI or Menstrual Bleeding?

ravenraskin
03-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Fall is around two years old now and she's had a swollen vaginal area twice before. She rubs it on everything and cleans it a lot. I've posted about it before and I was told that she is probably just in heat so I wasn't too concerned about it. But now there's a little blood all of a sudden. Could she be menstruating? Or is this a possible UTI? I have one baytril tablet that was for my dog, it's 136mg. The problem is, I don't have a scale to weigh her and even if I did she wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get her weight. Should I wait a few days to see if the blood goes away before trying to dose her with baytril?

stepnstone
03-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Fall is around two years old now and she's had a swollen vaginal area twice before. She rubs it on everything and cleans it a lot. I've posted about it before and I was told that she is probably just in heat so I wasn't too concerned about it. But now there's a little blood all of a sudden. Could she be menstruating? Or is this a possible UTI? I have one baytril tablet that was for my dog, it's 136mg. The problem is, I don't have a scale to weigh her and even if I did she wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get her weight. Should I wait a few days to see if the blood goes away before trying to dose her with baytril?
With what you describe it does sound like she may be in her estrus,
if she is in estrus it only lasts a day or two. I'd be inclined to wait
and see as long as she's not exhibiting any obvious discomfort.
Have you been able to observe her passing urine?

ravenraskin
03-10-2017, 05:54 PM
With what you describe it does sound like she may be in her estrus,
if she is in estrus it only lasts a day or two. I'd be inclined to wait
and see as long as she's not exhibiting any obvious discomfort.
Have you been able to observe her passing urine?
Yes, I have. She's acting tired, cuddly, and not too interested in food (just nibbling here and there). But that's how she usually acts whenever she's in heat. I haven't seen any more blood yet. I've read other threads that say it may be possible they do bleed, but just keep the area clean so you never notice it. I've also read that it could be a tumor or cancer. I highly doubt it's that. So I'll wait a few days before I start to worry that it's a UTI. (: thank you!