PDA

View Full Version : Henry blocks

RamiS
03-06-2017, 04:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

So apparently my 3 year old foxy boy is not that interested in eating henry blocks as much, he used to eat two a day, now barely one!!!! what do I do? he is not interested in eating that much anymore!! he is playful healthy and happy and gets most day free house play, any ideas on diet changes or ideas ??

Thanks everyone!:grin2

RamiS
03-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

So apparently my 3 year old foxy boy is not that interested in eating henry blocks as much, he used to eat two a day, now barely one!!!! what do I do? he is not interested in eating that much anymore!! he is playful healthy and happy and gets most day free house play, any ideas on diet changes or ideas ??

Thanks everyone!:grin2

bump:serene

Scooterzmom
03-06-2017, 06:40 PM
bump:serene

I give my fuzzers some Teklad blocks along with their Henry's but no matter what, I find that my crew goes through periods of likes and dislikes... just like we humans do :)

You might want to try and soak them for a couple of minutes in something tasty, just to change the taste a bit - coconut oil, or a drop of oorganic sesame seed oil on a block works wonders too sometimes... a drop of almond oil (not the extract, that's too strong). I got some dehydrated pulverized blueberries, and cranberries, and I sometimes sprinkle some of that on their blocks. Anything to create a bit of variety for them, but eventually they get back to eating them "au naturel" :grin2

RamiS
03-06-2017, 07:27 PM
I give my fuzzers some Teklad blocks along with their Henry's but no matter what, I find that my crew goes through periods of likes and dislikes... just like we humans do :)

You might want to try and soak them for a couple of minutes in something tasty, just to change the taste a bit - coconut oil, or a drop of oorganic sesame seed oil on a block works wonders too sometimes... a drop of almond oil (not the extract, that's too strong). I got some dehydrated pulverized blueberries, and cranberries, and I sometimes sprinkle some of that on their blocks. Anything to create a bit of variety for them, but eventually they get back to eating them "au naturel" :grin2

How about peanut butter? is that a good idea? I really need him to start eating his blocks again, I get really worried when he dose not eat like this:tap

also since I have a knowledgeable person with great advise :serene I want to get your opinion on a different matter as well, I never leave foxy boy home alone for more than 4-5 hours a day when I am teaching a couple of classes the rest of the day I am at home working on research, he has a cage that he plays in (critter nation double) right next to his cat tower which he sleeps in, but I think i will need to travel for an entire day next weekend and cant find anyone to watch over him, what should I do?

thank you thank you thank you thank you much for your amazing help so far :serene:dance

Scooterzmom
03-06-2017, 11:03 PM
How about peanut butter? is that a good idea? I really need him to start eating his blocks again, I get really worried when he dose not eat like this:tap

also since I have a knowledgeable person with great advise :serene I want to get your opinion on a different matter as well, I never leave foxy boy home alone for more than 4-5 hours a day when I am teaching a couple of classes the rest of the day I am at home working on research, he has a cage that he plays in (critter nation double) right next to his cat tower which he sleeps in, but I think i will need to travel for an entire day next weekend and cant find anyone to watch over him, what should I do?

thank you thank you thank you thank you much for your amazing help so far :serene:dance
I never did use it but I don't really see why not. I would heat it up first, to make it soft and oily, so it penetrates into the block. If it's just on top he'll probably just lick it or eat just the part on top - they are purty smart that way ;)

Your little guy is free roaming?!! Wow! I would think that if it's only for one day he would do just fine inside his cage. Food, water, a couple of stuffies - or other favorite toys and I wouldn't think that'd be imposing too much on this little king of the house. :grin2

Rhapsody
03-07-2017, 02:09 AM
I place a teaspoon of vanilla yogurt in the food bowl then chop the hhb up and place it on top of the yogurt..... my picky eater Marvin eats it right up.