PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Squirrel Board

Andrew
03-02-2017, 06:47 AM
So just a couple questions. So since we have gotten our lil baby she has had a little bit of a sneeze she's about 7months old now. But ever day she sneezes a few times she seems healthy enough was thinking maybe dust is the cause any thoughts. Also she has been having some whitish poop also was wondering if I should be concerned of that also. Her diet includes
Tomato, apple, banana, cheese for calcium little piece Almonds maybe 3 to 4 a day. Unlimited blocks and every few days give her a little hand full of squirrel food it has corn sunflower seeds and peanuts needless to say she is spoiled
Thanks all have a great day ☺️

Andrew
03-02-2017, 06:55 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lPUvUm9ju7U

HRT4SQRLS
03-02-2017, 07:01 AM
Good morning Andrew. Wow, she is beautiful! :grin2

When you say 'block', what type of block is she getting?
Sorry, but I would discontinue the squirrel food with the corn, seed and peanuts. I would feed that to the outside squirrels. I know the bag says 'squirrel food' but that stuff is SUPER unhealthy for inside squirrels. Unfortunately, they LOVE the stuff. All 3 ingredients are very high in phosphorus and will cause a calcium/ phosphorus imbalance. This sets up a 'perfect storm' for the development of Metabolic Bone Disease. I wouldn't risk it. She will reject healthy foods in favor of the corn, seeds and nuts. Sorry.

When you say sneeze, does it sound like an actual sneeze or more of a pfft sound? The pfffft sound they make is normal and most do it. Of course, if it's a sneeze that's different. I could be allergies if she doesn't appear sick.

Andrew
03-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Ok so by blocks I was referring to rodent blocks and thank you so much I will discontinue the squirrel food. So the sneeze is some times a actual sneeze but for the most part it's the pufffft. Any ideas or thoughts on the white in her poop?? Should I be concerned?

HRT4SQRLS
03-02-2017, 07:21 AM
Perfect. The rodent block is good and should be a staple of the diet. Have you seen our Pet Squirrel Healthy diet pyramid?

Yes, the pfffft is normal. I wouldn't be concerned at all. I also wouldn't be concerned about an occasional 'real' sneeze. We all do it. :grin2

It might be the cheese causing the white poop. Not sure on that. I wouldn't be overly concerned right now. I would watch that as it usually is a dietary thing.

HRT4SQRLS
03-02-2017, 07:22 AM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels

Andrew
03-02-2017, 07:29 AM
Awesome one more thing she seems to have chewed her hair around the end or her tail is that normal?

Andrew
03-02-2017, 08:25 AM

stepnstone
03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
Ok so by blocks I was referring to rodent blocks
Not all "rodent" block meets the nutritional requirements for a squirrel
Who's and which type rodent block are you feeding?

Andrew
03-02-2017, 12:51 PM