PDA

View Full Version : 4 year old eastern gray acting strange ???

MAC
02-07-2017, 04:04 PM
About a month or so ago our girl began acting strangely. seems to run and jump ok, but often will drag her rear around like you see a dog do, and wipes her snout on various items like trying to clean some thing off..became hyper about same time and wanted no attention, actually be came mean, the hyper and attitude have improved,now i can pet if in the nest but not while out playing, went off the henrys blocks for a week or so but now is eating them again..is this just in heat , if so its lasted longer than ever before ?? or my be a bigger problem..

Scott
02-07-2017, 04:53 PM
I just wrote recently about my 7 month old squirrel doing some of the same things. She was dragging her butt along the floor just like my dog does when I get the carpets cleaned. My girl left a small pee pee line whenever she did her drag the butt thing. She comes in and out of being more aggressive but generally acts content. She did not change her appetite which gave me confidence that things were going to be OK.

Some of the responses I received from the more experienced members were: a UTI (infection easily cleared up with antibiotics) the potential that she may be wilding up, she could be going into season (it is the right time), and potentially diet.

I'm sure others will chime in about your concerns so stay close and check back often. There are many more way more experienced than me