PDA

View Full Version : Patch on head/nose

Maura
01-29-2017, 06:21 PM
My baby has this reoccurring bald patch just on the top of her head/nose, and while it does grow back, she keeps getting it somehow. I thought it could be molt/kitten syndrome but it's such a small area that I'm not sure, especially since she never completely loses her hair in the spot, it's only really the top layer and jagged looking, like it's a habit of hers that's doing it. I want to figure out what's she's doing to get this to make sure she isn't hurting herself or anything, or if it is molt, how I should change her diet. Any help?

This is what the patch looks like. Sometimes it's worse than others.

Nancy in New York
01-29-2017, 06:41 PM
Does she by chance bite the bars of her cage?
This looks a lot like where they rub their fur off while
biting at the cage bars.
Can you post a photo of the cage?
What is her diet like?
She's a cutie for sure!:klunk

Eejay
01-29-2017, 09:24 PM
my Lilo had the same thing. after finding info on here about cage rubbing i started leaving her out more and it grew back in. so more than likely the same thing.
i kinda miss it though since it was heart shaped:)

cava
01-30-2017, 09:36 AM
Mine got that on the same spot and sometimes on the cheek from cage rubbing. I added more wood and toys for them to chew and changed the out every other day so they didn't get bored. It grew back.

Maura
01-31-2017, 07:21 PM
My baby has this reoccurring bald patch just on the top of her head/nose, and while it does grow back, she keeps getting it somehow. I thought it could be molt/kitten syndrome but it's such a small area that I'm not sure, especially since she never completely loses her hair in the spot, it's only really the top layer and jagged looking, like it's a habit of hers that's doing it. I want to figure out what's she's doing to get this to make sure she isn't hurting herself or anything, or if it is molt, how I should change her diet. Any help?

This is what the patch looks like. Sometimes it's worse than others.

I figured it was her cage. I guess that means I should be taking her out more, thanks!

Nancy in New York
01-31-2017, 07:21 PM
I figured it was her cage. I guess that means I should be taking her out more, thanks!

Oh she'll love that. :)
Can you post a photo of her cage?
She's adorable.....:klunk