PDA

View Full Version : 6 month old grey

J bo
01-17-2017, 07:19 PM
Roxy is now about 6 mnths old & doing great thanks to the help from here. I am concerned though. She has quit drinking her esbilac & won't eat the henry's blocks now either. What do I need to give her to keep her healthy ? Been giving fruits & nuts such as pecans & walnuts.

KarmaKay
01-17-2017, 07:37 PM
Roxy is now about 6 mnths old & doing great thanks to the help from here. I am concerned though. She has quit drinking her esbilac & won't eat the henry's blocks now either. What do I need to give her to keep her healthy ? Been giving fruits & nuts such as pecans & walnuts.

Do you have a bowl of water out for her? Also, I'm surprised that she has taken the formula so long. Have you tried the bites for picky eaters? Also, nuts should be given as a treat and not often. Go to the healthy diet listed here on the board. That will give you a list of the veggies that are higher in calcium etc...

J bo
01-17-2017, 07:52 PM
Always keep water for her. She seems to be drinking plenty water. What bites are you talking about ? Available from Henry's ?? & when should I switch to the adult blocks ?

KarmaKay
01-17-2017, 07:56 PM
Always keep water for her. She seems to be drinking plenty water. What bites are you talking about ? Available from Henry's ?? & when should I switch to the adult blocks ?

They are called picky bites from Henry's. Also, check out the diet listed. It will be of great help and benefit!:grin2

J bo
01-17-2017, 07:57 PM
I have been giving her fruits & veggies. Cabbage, Avacado, strawberry leaves, celery leaves, Not sure what else she can have. Where do I find the healthy diet on here ?

J bo
01-17-2017, 08:22 PM
Thanks. Just ordered the picky bites.

Spanky
01-17-2017, 09:07 PM
Here is a link to the healthy diet list:
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels

Please be careful and limit the nuts to treats only.

HRT4SQRLS
01-17-2017, 09:12 PM
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels

This is the link to the healthy diet. A diet of nuts is a the number one cause of Metabolic Bone Disease. You might have to withhold all nuts until your girl starts eating healthy.
The block is the first step. Healthy veggies are important as well. Fruit is high in sugar and should be limited to treats.

The links gives many options but you could try sugar snap peas, butternut squash, broccoli, acorn squash, etc. They seem to like artichoke as well.
You will need to be tough because she will hold out for nuts.
It will be a battle of wills but you must prevail. :thumbsup Her health depends on it.

Edit... Spanky already posted the link. :)

kcassidy
01-20-2017, 06:38 PM
Are you going to release her or is she going to be your pet? IMO, the answer to this question determines whether I feed nuts or not

Rhapsody
01-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Are you going to release her or is she going to be your pet? IMO, the answer to this question determines whether I feed nuts or not

May I ask why this question determines if you feed nuts or not? ...... I personally feed all the squirrels in my care nuts. Thanks.

J bo
01-22-2017, 05:49 PM
Gonna try to release her in the spring. If she don't leave, we will keep her.