PDA

View Full Version : Proper Cage Size to Raise 2 Flyers

passionforpaws
01-05-2017, 05:39 PM
I found two baby flyers and their mommy was found nearby but she was dead. I hand fed them and now they are strong and about 5 months old. I have them in a large bird cage about 18" wide by 28" tall. What is the proper size cage for them so they have adequate room to jump around and play? Also, what is the best food for them? I am feeding Exotic Nutrition Squirrel Diet but they pick out the good nuts and stuff and leave the other food in the dish. I also give fresh veggies and fruit and a nut or two every night. I want to raise them the best I can so they are happy and healthy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Shewhosweptforest
01-05-2017, 06:06 PM
Awww...welcome :wave123 thank you for saving these littles :serene poor momma :sadness I'm so glad you were able to save them :bowdown please check in the flyer section for proper dietary instructions :great I have three flyers in a critter nation cage....they seem to do fine:great I do give them run time outside the cage for about 3 to 4 hrs every evening :dono if you have a room that they can have free time in, that would be the ideal ....otherwise you might want a larger cage....I'm thinking about putting 2 critter nations side by side....you could also get them a wheel to run on:great I'm new to the flyer world....so hopefully some of our flyers peeps will come on and add their expertise :grin3

:Love_Icon thanks again :Love_Icon