PDA

View Full Version : Transition to outdoors with Hurricane Matthew rescued 11 week old twins

Mbtvrepair
12-16-2016, 09:49 AM
We live in Surfside Beach, SC, I am new to the group & this is my first post. We rescued three babies blown from their nest during the hurricane, two survived and they all were almost dead. I never knew the love I could feel for a wild animal but these twins are precious. I nursed them, fed them right, protected them and they are fully healthy. I still hand feed them and put out everything they could want like avocados, broccoli, pecans (they love!), cheerios, and lots else. Question is, since they are going outside, up and down this huge oak tree they were born in, as far as supplementing their diet, will they be able to get all they need from the nature where they were born? Should I get the Henry's blocks - they won't eat the rodent blocks...

DarkLies212
12-16-2016, 10:01 AM
Wait, I'm confused. They're released already?

EDIT - Welcome to TSB!
If they aren't eating rodent blocks, what's their full diet? What formula were they on? When did they start going outside? We don't recommend releasing until at least a month older than what your little ones are now.