PDA

View Full Version : Need Cipro Dosing Please

DarkLies212
12-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Just came home from running errands for a few hours to see one of the dogs and the cat in my bedroom/squirrel room. Odd that they opened the door and were both in there, but whatever. I shooed the dog out and went to grab the cat to find her watching something at the top of the blinds. I look up and find A FREAKING LOOSE SQUIRREL. Panic ensues and I catch the terrified creature who turns out to be Stevie. He has a wet spot on his hind leg, but no injuries. He wanted to cuddle for an hour then I had to force him in his (double locking) cage with Jane. To be safe, I feel dosing with Cipro is appropriate.

360 grams weight with 250 mg Cipro.

I can't figure out how he got out. The cage has a sliding latch that has to be forcibly slid over then yanked upwards THEN a safety latch has to be moved. There's no possible way to open it from the inside. And that was all closed. So wtf!!!

Also want to add that I don't take them out, I don't play with them. I haven't pretty much since a week or two after I got them from ALittleNutty. For him to recognize me as a safe place even after not associating with me except for food and treats is amazing to me.

Nancy in New York
12-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Let me write this up and I will send you a pm.

lukaslolamaus
12-05-2016, 03:43 PM
Oh my goodness, good thing you came home when you did!
I hope you:hug and Stevie:Love_Icon have recovered from your scare:grouphug

stepnstone
12-05-2016, 07:02 PM
The cage has a sliding latch that has to be forcibly slid over then yanked upwards THEN a safety latch has to be moved.
There's no possible way to open it from the inside. And that was all closed. So wtf!!!

Don't know what your cage is but check your bars, I've had this happen with Critter nation
type cages. The bars can become UN-welded at one end where they can be moved aside but
then shift back in place to where it's not noticeable. Happened to me on two different CN cages,
one was in the floor, the other was on (upper) side.

DarkLies212
12-05-2016, 07:43 PM
Stevie is still freaked out, but that didn't stop him from getting out again!!! (With all the doors locked this time so nothing could even by chance get him.) He managed to pry one of the side doors open. Not sure how, but I'm glad it happened when it did. I thought of putting them outside in that cage! :eek. The side doors have been relatched and double clipped shut.

Good to know the CNs can come unwelded! That's a scary thought.

Forgot to say before that this is now a non-emergency and can be renamed and/or moved wherever necessary. :bowdown

stepnstone
12-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Good to know the CNs can come unwelded! That's a scary thought.

You think that's scary...
I've actually walked into the room and found one that not only had become unwelded, it
had been pulled up and was sticking straight up like a spear. There were 4 babies in that
cage and I was extreamly lucky none got impaled on the damn thing. I had those cages 5
years or better and got rid of them, not worth the risk...