PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to put Frontline Gold on Adult Squirrel?

Michelle1
12-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Hi I was wondering if it is safe to put frontline Gold on adult squirrel for treatment of fleas /mites? I was told Revelution two drops in 1cc syringe was ok. But vet won't sell Revelution without seeing the pet due to it has heart worm meds in it. However the vet will not treat squirrels. So I was wondering if Frontline Gold two drops in 1 cc syringe is ok to treat him with and wouldn't be harmful to him.

pjjere
12-03-2016, 11:51 AM
I am no expert but I recall reading that most flea medications safe for kittens are ok for squirrels. We normally use a dawn bath but that is on small babies and might be more difficult with an adult. Hopefully one of the more experienced members will weigh in.

Rhapsody
12-03-2016, 12:32 PM
You can purchase Revolution online with out a vet or Rx under the name Stronghold....... pay with PayPal to stay away from the scammers.

island rehabber
12-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I would try Capstar before the frontline, only because I have seen Frontline kill baby squirrels, and I had a cat who had a bad allergic reaction to it. :dono

Michelle1
12-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Ok I will look online for the Revelution or will get the cap star. Thanks for the information.