PDA

View Full Version : CHRISTMAS LIGHT CHEWING..

MAC
11-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Or 4 year old gray, started chewing the tree lights ( cord's and bulb's ) last year any ideas ??? hot pepper spry/ bitter spray ????

Nancy in New York
11-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Personally I wouldn't risk a squirrel around a decorated Christmas tree
with fragile glass bulbs or lights.
IF this is a live tree, remember they have flame retardant sprayed on them and that
too can be lethal if ingested.
They are so darned quick, one little bite could mean death.

Scott
11-29-2016, 05:03 PM
If it were for banisters you could try rope lighting ---- but I wouldn't risk it. A pretty Christmas tree is not worth your pet's life !!!! Please tell me you don't have any open cords without conduit, period. They love to chew plastic and cords.

lukaslolamaus
11-29-2016, 06:27 PM
My Christmas tree is on wheels:grin3 (plant stand) and I roll it out of the living room when I get my 3 year old out to play. I started using a smaller treeCM2021 so it will fit through the door frame.

Rexie
11-29-2016, 06:28 PM
If it were me I would skip the tree. Maybe get a projector to project a Christmas tree on your wall. But that's just me. Good luck.

Rexie
11-29-2016, 06:28 PM
My Christmas tree is on wheels:grin3 (plant stand) and I roll it out of the living room when I get my 3 year old out to play. I started using a smaller treeCM2021 so it will fit through the door frame.
Great idea

MissAmy
12-02-2016, 12:51 AM
OMGoodness thank y'all for this post. I can't believe I hadn't thought of this happening yet. Especially after our white chocolate reeses debacle yesterday. Luckily the sneaky buggers can't eat and run at the same time. Today I cleaned out all candy from the non zipping compartments in my purse. I was also worried about the almond milk he helped himself to yesterday or the day before.

SammysMom
12-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Welcome to the wonderful world of squirrels!!! :rofl4
By the way...zippers in purses are just a fun challenge for mine! :grin3