PDA

View Full Version : Magic hour

Andre
11-09-2016, 06:50 AM
Anyone else notice the first twenty minutes in the morning when the squirrel wakes up is it a friendliest? My girl is perfect at first every morning. I can hold her and scratch her belly and ears and she just tilts her head back and enjoys it. Then it's over for he day and she starts running and jumping around 😞

Mennome
11-09-2016, 07:25 AM
Yep..... I try to take advantage of that time! Sleepy heads! I joke with family and friends that squirrels are not morning people! I find too that late evening after they've run like crazy out of their kennels that they settle down and just "plank" and relax.....come over and ask for "scratchies"! :serene

SammysMom
11-09-2016, 07:27 AM
My favorite time! We have "baby time" and my 5 1/2 year old cuddles for 15 - 20 minutes like a baby

kendradfw
11-09-2016, 07:41 AM
I was just thinking that this morning while telling sandy how cute she looked, all sleepy eyed and bushy tailed! When she wakes up, she comes down from the very top level of her cage which is enclosed with fleece, and she lays down on another level until shes more awake and just watches me. I rub all over her and her hair is always so puffed out and she always looks so freaking cute I cant stand it! :Love_Icon

Andre
11-28-2016, 12:17 PM
We finally developed a routine. At 6am Natasha the squirrel wakes me up by going nuts in her cage. I wake up and yell I'm awake lol. I go down and make her cereal( formula and cut up monkey biscuits)in a shallow bowl. She eats it up then grooms my hands for twenty minutes. We hand wrestle followed by her showing me acrobatics. Around 8 she foes back inside her house and sleeps till 1 :bliss

lennysmom
11-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Funny how they learn these routines with us.:):Love_Icon Squirrels are such intelligent animals and my fuzzers have learned how to get my attention as well as to get their way with me - yes, I think they are masters of manipulation!:grin2 But my squirrels also like to be on a very routine schedule. No sleeping in on Saturdays for me - if I decide to sleep in too much without serving breakfast first, I hear the "dinner bell" ringing constantly until I get up and serve breakfast!:shakehead:grin3

island rehabber
11-28-2016, 01:43 PM
Yep, my babies face a big sliding door that faces due east. There is nothing obstructing their view of the horizon except a few trees very far away......if the sun rises at 5:30am, they are partying at 5:31am :multi:laugh1:bdhorn:banana"Sleeping late" in my house is when the sun doesn't rise until....wow, like 7:02 :shakehead :tilt

lennysmom
11-28-2016, 02:02 PM
Yep, my babies face a big sliding door that faces due east. There is nothing obstructing their view of the horizon except a few trees very far away......if the sun rises at 5:30am, they are partying at 5:31am :multi:laugh1:bdhorn:banana"Sleeping late" in my house is when the sun doesn't rise until....wow, like 7:02 :shakehead :tilt

Well Maura, I have their blinds closed until I get up, but it doesn't seem to make a bit of differnece - come the first light of dawn, they are up and ready for action!:hyper All except for Ana that is.. she doesn't do mornings either - truly a squirrel after my own heart! Oh, the things we do for our beloved fuzzers!:Love_Icon:shakehead:grin3

Andre
11-29-2016, 06:16 AM
One Saturday I tried to sleep in but she would stop making noise till I let her out lol. Even if it's for a few minutes she's happy and just goes right back to sleep. I'm so happy she likes her cereal. I was worried about her calcium intake.she is so smart and I think she does bad things just to get my attention so I play with her :tap

Andre
11-29-2016, 06:25 AM
Lately instead of trying to hide monkey biscuits under towels or blankets she's bringing them to my hand and trying to close my fingers around it. Like she's telling me dad save this for later :Love_Icon

island rehabber
11-29-2016, 06:26 AM
Lately instead of trying to hide monkey biscuits under towels or blankets she's bringing them to my hand and trying to close my fingers around it. Like she's telling me dad save this for later :Love_Icon

Adorable......sometimes mine would try to "bury" a nut in my hand like that. :grin2

Holli's Mommy
11-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Holli is the same way....super sweet in the early AM.
Stays on or near me at all times.
* She has free time before we leave for work (6am to 6:30)

Mid AM - Next free time (About 9am) - At Work..Play Time
*She runs all over me, hand wrestling, then takes over the office.

Yearly PM play time (About 1pm) - No interest in me at all...LOL
* All she does is explore the office, sit in the window, and chews
on all her wood toys.

Just Getting Home - Play time (About 4pm)
* Very Playful, but not for long, this is what I call her
"Looking for Trouble" time....LOL

Last outing of the day...(About 5:30/6Pm)
*She knows it's dinner time followed by a nut treat,
so she's a good girl most of the time, but sure has her moments.

I've learned that her mood changes through out the day.:grin2

Rexie
11-30-2016, 06:28 PM
It has been a pleasure learning all the different things squirrel's do at different times of the day. After morning love and cuddles then my boy gets all fired up and runs like a bat out of hell, lol. Then when he is tired he pancakes, love that.... then off again running. He always does a run by mom for a Quick rub of his face. I adore that little guy so much.:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

MissAmy
12-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Teddy is kinda the opposite, he's not the sweetest in the morning. He goes straight back to the cage after morning milk and sleeps till noon. At noon he just wants to play. Evening, 6-10 he's snuggling, giving kisses, crawling in my hair. I think the crawling in my hair is an attempt to find his food he tried burying in there earlier in the day. Unfortunately for him that food stash is cleaned out immediately lol. I love reading about y'alls babies. Thanks for sharing and I'm feeling better about Teddy's babas too. I keep reading let him have milk as long as he'll take it. I became concerned again when it increased to 45-54CCs at 18 weeks lol.

Andre
12-01-2016, 03:58 PM
My little girl is almost 6 months old and she loves her morning milk bowl. I had some one ask me what my girl behaved like. I said she's like a super active kitten without retractable claws and likes to taste/bite everything.

MissAmy
12-01-2016, 05:39 PM
My little girl is almost 6 months old and she loves her morning milk bowl. I had some one ask me what my girl behaved like. I said she's like a super active kitten without retractable claws and likes to taste/bite everything.

Hahahaha that's how I describe Teddy

rclusman
12-16-2016, 06:39 PM
Yep, my little fuzzball, Sparky, is very cuddly first thing in the morning when I rub his ears, cheeks, ears and belly he then stretches each arm and yawns a few times then it's off to the races for most of the day . Just before bed he gets cuddly again then it's night night.