PDA

View Full Version : Little Jesse

Pages : 1 [2]

Chickenlegs
12-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Both of my girls have trait pattern baldness. Tula has had a bald patch on her neck with a patch of thick beautiful fur right in the center since she was little. Punkin's fur is plush but thin and a patch she wore thin on the back of her neck shortly after she became my daughter never really grew back. It's a genetic trait that comes with the gloriously precious package.

JayB
02-21-2017, 09:55 AM
Hey all sorry I havent posted here in a long while but life has been busy as of late with the new job & all.
Anyway I'd just like to say Jesse is still doing fine no major issues she eats & she poops & shes still a lovey dovey little cuddly kinda fuzzy crazy little cracker..lol
I know she should have been done her formula long ago but the amount she eats is why she still has a bit left. I cant order more from Henrys right now so I'm going to get the "2nd best" for now the puppy escpilac or whatever it is.. I always get the human baby & puppy names mixed up..lol
I'll mix whats left of her henrys formula 1/2&1/2 with the puppy formula till the rest is gone.. I still have the little pouches of calcium the minerals & protein I got from Henrys could I mix some in to the escpilac to make it "better" ?
I dont have any resized pics of her little bald belly yet but will post some soon..

JayB
02-21-2017, 10:30 AM
See if this works lol
YAY there she is :serene

JayB
02-21-2017, 11:16 AM
Popped her head out to say hi 😊

lukaslolamaus
02-21-2017, 11:30 AM
:Love_IconJesse:Love_Iconis adorable :klunk

TubeDriver
02-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Super cute little squirrel.:) In that photo above where she is eating, she appears to have a very sparse coat of hair? Is that something new? Sorry if this has already been raised, I have not followed all of this thread from the beginning.

Chickenlegs
02-21-2017, 02:28 PM
My dwarf girls are still on formula at a year and a year and a half. They get it as the mainstay of their food--lemon poppyseed muffin, whey protein powder sprinkled on and formula drenching the whole mess. It's not on the preferred foods list but it's what they'll eat--that and shelled sugar snaps. If Jesse takes formula, let her have it. What else does she eat? As to sparce fur, it's my understanding that the little guys have the same issue as my husband--trait pattern baldness.

JayB
02-22-2017, 08:46 AM
Yah these dwarfs go bald some worse than others.
She mainly eats formula she LOVES pealed grapes and a block that I made for her. Sometimes she'll eat strawberries. It all depends on the day one day she'll take everything we hive her and stash it sometimes she doesnt touch it at all. Same with water she's always got a full fresh dish of water some days she'll drink from it other days the only way she'll drink is if she falls in it and has to dry herself off lol.

Chickenlegs
02-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Ohohoh--need that recipe. My girls won't eat block tho eeeeeevery now and then I'll see a little piece dragged under their fleece pile. PLEEEEEEEEZE? Recipe? Please?

JayB
02-23-2017, 11:48 AM
Its actually just the Embellished Boo Ball recipe that I edited in some other things to that I knew she already liked. I put in some maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit. I just kinda winged it lol I did write down the recipe as I went I just cant find it atm. If/when I do I'll surely post it up !

Chickenlegs
02-23-2017, 02:24 PM
Thanks. My girls LOVE sweets! Does Jesse eat well? Mine do eat but lemon poppyseed muffins are NOT on the good nutrition list. Thank heavens for whey protein and formula. At least something nutricious goes in. :grin3

Scooterzmom
02-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Well I aint never had me a squirrely squirrel before so I gotta start the learnin all I can My only problem is I feel I'm never doing enough I try and do everything all at once spare no expense and go way overboard. Like I said in another post I had geckos, if the wife actually knew how much I spent custom building their habitats, foods,medicines, pretty sure I'd never be able aloud in the house again lol
I'm starting to see the dwarfism now in her face, to me she looks normal but what do I know lol. After looking and looking at pics of young squirrels her age the normal ones do have a longer snout. Her ears are where they're supposed to be tho..
Shes using her back legs so much more better now they're almost straight as they should be. Still wobbly tho, watching her climb almost looks like these little guys have no control of their toes its like us walking with flippers on. she uses just her arms to pull herself up her feet just grip whenever she gets lucky that it does. Hmmm I wonder if some kind of physio would help. She needs a playmate thats her age but "normal" so I can see the differences I guess.

I have a little dwarf here too, and yes, they do walk weird... like the flippers is a good comparison. Also, her claws tend to get stuck in everything - she doesn't seem to know how to properly get them unhooked. She's almost 9 mos old now and still is wobbly. I don't think they ever do walk normally - maybe someone can correct me here???

Ohhhh! Need that Embelished Boo ball recipe here too... pleaaaase! :) She's the only one of my NR bunch who does not eat boo balls. She does eat blocks - although in limited quantity - so I still have to feed her formula every day to make sure she gets her proper nutrition. I give her the formula with a bit of oats and prune baby cereal in it (to stay on top of her mega colon situation). Thing is, with the mega colon the expulsion reflex isn't there (or barely) so she needs help at times - I stimulate\massage the poopies out to help her.

JayB
09-28-2017, 06:50 PM
Sorry I cant find my recipe I've it written down somewhere, just cant seem to find it..
We have been going thru, well I cant even think of the words to describe it...
Our 17 year old son Devon passed away in April, he caught pnemonia & had other complications and they just couldnt bring him back.
Its still so hard typing it that he's not here anymore. :( He was such a good kid

Jessie is still doing well she's getting so bald tho the back of her neck is pure skin..
I'll try and post pics in a day or 2

Here's what I went off of & just added a bunch more stuff to it..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KjUKXqh0Si5Z8SGcbqkUKzbLTlm2t5U8_g/view?usp=sharing

cava
01-01-2018, 03:20 PM
So so sorry to hear this. I hope you are healing and the holidays were good ones for you.

How is Jesse and how are you?

Chickenlegs
01-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Hard tolose a loved one. I hope Jesse is doing as well as a little dwarf can. They are blessings. Take extra time to love on that baby. You’ll never be sorry. Happy New Year to you, your family, and sweet Jesse.

Mel1959
01-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Yes, please post some pictures of Jessie. We’d love to see them. :w00t