PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

MizzKitty
09-13-2016, 03:26 PM
I first want to take a moment to say thank you for allowing me to join this amazing forum. I have been reading some of the posts already and can't wait for my little Breck (gray squirrel I think) to grow up.
A little about me, my name is Karri and I have been helping my mom since I was a kid take care of sick and injured animals. We have cared for puppies and kittens and at one time we had an injured flying squirrel, he didn't make it through the night because of his injuries (I cried my eyes out).
My mother and I are now the proud "moms" to a little boy that we have named Breck (seen in the photo passed out in my hair after eating) 278004 He was brought in to my friends work by someone that works with her as she was leaving and was told to drop him off at the local shelter. They don't take wild animals so she brought him home to us. I told them that we weren't keeping him and not to name him, but of course they named him and I fell in love with him.
We think he is about 4-5 weeks old because his eyes are open but his top teeth are just coming in. All the web sites we have read say that the top teeth should be in at about 4 weeks and eyes open at 5 weeks. Maybe he's a little backwards.
I can't believe how fast he is growing and how much he moves around already. If he hears my mom's voice his little mouth starts looking for that food.

DarkLies212
09-13-2016, 03:28 PM
Thank you for taking him in and welcome to TSB!!

What and how often are you feeding him? He's precious!!

MizzKitty
09-13-2016, 03:35 PM
We are feeding him GNC pets puppy formula right now with a little heavy cream in it and he sucks down about 9cc of it every 4 hours. He just had his first taste of a rodent block this afternoon

squizzabelle
09-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Hello! I sure breck will grow up to be a beautiful healthy boy given that you have come to this amazing place,,I'm so,I'm awe of the folks here, they will be yours and bricks guardian angels :Love_Icon they really are angels on earth ! Lots of,progress photos from you though please big hug
Love, Cheryl x

HRT4SQRLS
09-13-2016, 04:47 PM
We are feeding him GNC pets puppy formula right now with a little heavy cream in it and he sucks down about 9cc of it every 4 hours. He just had his first taste of a rodent block this afternoon

Hi MizzKitty and Breck

:Welcome to TheSquirrelBoard

What a sweet little guy. :grin2

The GNC puppy formula isn't the formula we recommend BUT I will say this. My first squirrel was on GNC puppy formula and he did great on it. I didn't have a clue at the time. Online I found that the Esbilac puppy formula was recommended. When I saw the price $30 I just about flipped. The GNC was sitting right next to the Esbilac on the shelf. I compared the ingredients and they were identical so I bought the GNC. It was a whole $5 cheaper. :tilt This was before my Squirrel Board days.

As long as he is thriving on it you are probably safe to continue but I would probably buy the powder Esbilac with probiotics and probiotics when you buy the next can. You can buy it MUCH cheaper online. Amazon has it for around $13/ can.

Again, welcome!

cava
09-13-2016, 09:09 PM
Welcome to TSB!! He is a cutie and looks VERY comfortable. And yes, post lots of pics so we can see him grow up.:Love_Icon

TerriCompro
09-14-2016, 11:08 AM
You've found the place! The best advice for raising a healthy squirrel will be found right here.

OutbackLady
09-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Hello, and thank you. I am very new to baby squirrels. I have 2 orphans about 6 weeks old. they are doing great but I am curious what is best veggies to start them on, and are they old enough any veggies?