PDA

View Full Version : Hey there!

Melc
08-18-2016, 07:23 AM
Hello everyone.
I'm new to this forum, and I'm so excited I found it! I'm a proud servant (err.. owner) to a naughty little male black tailed prairie dog (which are ground squirrels :p). He is my little pride and joy and my best friend. He popped up on my local craigslist a few months ago and I just had to adopt him. From what I was told, he is from a breeder in New York. His name is Chewy. I will post some pictures asap!
After falling in love with him, I started studying the local grey squirrels in my yard. I have setup several squirrel feeders in my yard. There is nothing I enjoy more than sitting out with a cup of coffee in the morning watching them!
I've been looking into getting a couple southern flying squirrels from a breeder next spring, but that is still all in the works.
I'm so looking forward to reading through other's posts and learning as much as I can :).

Mel

redwuff
08-18-2016, 07:32 AM
Welcome!!

We have picture requirements to continue to be on this board. You must post one a day! Just kidding, but we would love to see pictures of the Chew miester. We don't get many prairie dogs here. But we love all types of squirrels.

Trysh

island rehabber
08-18-2016, 08:14 AM
PD's are awesome. Does your little guy "yahoo!" when he sees you, yet? that is the BEST. :grin2
I have a friend who does PD rescue and care here in southern NY state, named Caryn Eve Murray. If you ever need info I can put you in contact with her.

Oh, and WELCOME to the Squirrel Board! :Welcome

TubeDriver
08-18-2016, 08:17 AM
:wave123 Welcome to the TSB!:great

DarkLies212
08-18-2016, 08:52 AM
:worthless

redwuff
08-18-2016, 09:31 AM
:worthless

Get the picture? We haven't :poke:poke:poke:poke:imp

Melc
08-18-2016, 10:11 AM
Thank you everyone!
Ok ok, here is a picture from this morning. Obviously he wasn't too pleased that I woke him up :sleep

lennysmom
08-18-2016, 10:14 AM
He's adorable!:Love_Icon Welcome to TSB! :Welcome Glad you found us.:)

redwuff
08-18-2016, 10:23 AM
He is gorgeous! How old is he?

What do you keep him in? What does he eat?

Melc
08-18-2016, 10:57 AM
He is gorgeous! How old is he?

What do you keep him in? What does he eat?

Thanks :). Chewy is a bit over a year old and has a modified critter nation cage (but only for an hour or two a day tbh, the rest of the time he has a whole room to run about in, and at night he sleeps in the bed with me.). His diet is made up of pretty much all timothy hay, with some supplements.