PDA

View Full Version : Clavamox Dosing

Robs0574
08-08-2016, 10:57 PM
Hello all,
I was just looking for clavamox dosing info. I have a 5 week old doing great. I'm gonna b out of town for a week and just want to get my wife all the info I can.
He is 120gr now, eating, potting and sleeping good.
Also kinda wondering on what kind of weight he should b gaining per week. In the last 5 days he gained 15-20 grams!!
Thanks guys for any help passed along.
Your all a blessing for these little guys

Nancy in New York
08-08-2016, 11:01 PM
Hello all,
I was just looking for clavamox dosing info. I have a 5 week old doing great. I'm gonna b out of town for a week and just want to get my wife all the info I can.
He is 120gr now, eating, potting and sleeping good.
Also kinda wondering on what kind of weight he should b gaining per week. In the last 5 days he gained 15-20 grams!!
Thanks guys for any help passed along.
Your all a blessing for these little guys

We need to know the strength of your Clavamox in mg.
It's good to cover your bases, but please never administer
unless it's absolutely necessary and KNOW which antibiotic you
should be using for what condition.
Clavamox is a good choice, but not the "cure all" for some infections.
Little ones this age can gain slowy or quickly all depending.
15-20 grams "may" be on the average side for a 5 day gain
I will have to check my posts.
What formula are you feeding?

Robs0574
08-08-2016, 11:16 PM
The clavamox is 500-125 tablets. He is doing just fine now and we will NEVER give him meds unless it was an emergency, plus I'd also b checking with you pros before. I was just trying to cover my bases before I leave.
We r feeding him esbilac 2-1mix ratio with heavy whipping cream at 20%.
The only thing I'm worried about is he may have some neuro damage as I seen him fall outta a tree.
I'll try to post a video for you guys tomorrow and you can watch his walking with his head tilted and clumsiness.
I was also wondering if I can feed him some Henry's blocks yet? He is 5+ weeks old, eyes open a, 120+ grams and bottom teeth. He is biting/chewing on my fingers with his sharp teeth.

SammysMom
08-08-2016, 11:54 PM
I would absolutely offer block for him to chew on. Just a half of one is a good start.

stepnstone
08-09-2016, 01:11 AM
Describing his weight gain I see you already have had him 5 days,
how long have you actually had him?
Has he always demonstrated a head tilt?
Please do post a picture or video.

Nancy in New York
08-09-2016, 08:48 AM
The clavamox is 500-125 tablets. He is doing just fine now and we will NEVER give him meds unless it was an emergency, plus I'd also b checking with you pros before. I was just trying to cover my bases before I leave.

:thumbsup
I just sent you Clavamox dosing for a 120 gram squirrel.
Yes, it's imperative to let us know before dosing as this may
not be the correct choice of antibiotics.