PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

Launchpad
07-17-2016, 04:39 PM
Hello there! I'm Jaime, I live in the UK and I have long admired squirrels. I love to watch them playing in the trees behind my house. Due to my love of watching squirrels, I got the closest to owning one I am able- A dilute chipmunk. He is called Launch and he is nearly 4 months old. I am currently trying to get him used to me and he is slowly trusting me more though he still flees at times.

Have uploaded my most recent pic of him, hope to have better ones soon :)

H275411

stosh2010
07-17-2016, 05:06 PM
Welcome to TSB...Your interest & compassion for God's Smaller critters....is quite popular here.
I have 5 squirrels, here in Costa Rica. ( some links are located below ).
We LOVE photos...and more photos.

Gardentoes11
07-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Welcome! Your chippy baby is gorgeous! Yes, we definitely need more pix of your unique darling. How did you come up with his name? It sounds like there should be a story behind it!

island rehabber
07-18-2016, 06:31 AM
He is beautiful! Look at that fluffy tail -- quite different from the wild chippies we have all over the place around here. Welcome to TSB -- glad you found us! :Welcome

Launchpad
07-18-2016, 09:18 AM
Thank you for such a warm welcome ^_^

I think that the dilute chippies look so different to the agouti ones, I love the stripyness of the agoutis :)

I thought of the name before I got him but waited until I met him until I decided for sure. Launch, for such a quick, energetic animal seemed a very fitting name :grin2

stosh2010
07-18-2016, 09:33 AM

How about some BABY pictures... (Did you raise him or just get him?)

Bravo
07-18-2016, 10:05 AM
Welcome to TSB! :welcome

I've read here that bonding requires a lot of patience, and is so worthwhile. I think there is some further information from some older threads here, will take a look and link if I have some time later.

Launchpad
07-18-2016, 01:31 PM

How about some BABY pictures... (Did you raise him or just get him?)

I got him from a breeder :) I have seen baby pics of the litter from a young age but couldnt tell you which one was Launch as they were all identical :grin2

Chipmom
07-19-2016, 08:18 PM
:w00t Hi there! It's me Leah and Akira from the chipmunk page!!
Now if I can only figure out how to upload a picture I'll be extra happy

DarkLies212
07-20-2016, 08:23 AM
:w00t Hi there! It's me Leah and Akira from the chipmunk page!!
Now if I can only figure out how to upload a picture I'll be extra happy

Here's Stosh's nifty little picture posting guide! Copied from another thread.

TRY this---

Click on paper clip icon-
Click on ADD FILES ( upper right)--
Click on BASIC UPLOADER-- ( for multiple pictures )
Click on CHOOSE FILE ( find picture(s) you want)--
Double click on picture--
if you want to add another photo--Click on "+" box--
Click on CHOOSE FILE ( no file chosen) it is directly above your first file selected--( max of 10 photos per post)
Click on UPLOAD--
Now you will see your selected files along the bottom.
REMEMBER to place your cursor where you want the photos to appear in your message.
Click on INSERT INLINE--
Click on SUBMIT REPLY--

Try to post a photo here--so I know if you were able to do it....