PDA

View Full Version : Need skunk care and what are those eggs?

astra
05-31-2016, 12:33 PM
Hello all,

A baby skunk is found by someone.

Who has experience with them? What to feed, how to feed etc. etc. etc.? Heating pad? Please share whatever you know.

Also in the second pic you can sort of see something like eggs or something? What are those? If eggs - of what?

Thank you!273834273833

astra
05-31-2016, 12:36 PM
Don't know why the pics are clumped together. But it's two pics - on the left are the close up with what looks like some kind of eggs. On the right - the little one

squirrelsrule&bunniestoo
05-31-2016, 01:21 PM
I've raised a few skunks. They get esbilac formula when they're young and will lap from a bowl after their eyes open pretty readily. Heating pad until their eyes open. They do spray from a young age, so I recommend moving them to an outside cage soon after their eyes open. Their diet should be cat food (soaked at first), hard boiled egg, fruits and veggies chopped small, and yogurt. Good luck!

astra
05-31-2016, 01:39 PM
Thank you, SRBT!!

Anyone has any ideas what those egg-looking things might be?
Do they just get Dawned, or some other treatment?

It might be hard to see, so I added arrows here:

astra
05-31-2016, 01:48 PM
don't understand why everything becomes so hard to see.

But if you mouse over the pic as usual, it will get enlarged and you can see both - the arrows and the eggs the arrows are pointing to.

Sara in NW MS
05-31-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm not an expert but it looks like dry flaky skin. Did you use a comb to see if it would pull off? Someone with more experience will chime in I'm sure. Most people will bathe the babies in dawn dish soap... just the regular blue one.