PDA

View Full Version : Hello fome me and my lil buddy-6636

Henry and Conker
04-04-2016, 08:58 PM
This is conker. I rescued him after a storm as i work in tree service. A lot of the posts on here helped me a bunch getting him all set up and fed so thank you from both of us.

Shewhosweptforest
04-04-2016, 09:04 PM
:wave123 :Welcome Henry and Conker :Love_Icon Tree Cutter with a heart :bowdown :bow

Thank you, thank you for saving Conker...he's a handsome fellow :grin3 Tell us more :hyper

Henry and Conker
04-04-2016, 09:17 PM
well he was living in a palm tree that blew over in the storms we had recently in florida (legal to keep squirrels here) he was about 5 weeks when i saved him and he is close to 15 weeks old now. hes a hyper little handful with sharp claws who thinks im his personal tree. whenever he gets spooked he runs up me at breakneck speed. his favorite playground is my keyboard. came on here because i had a few questions i wanted to ask but ill post those later.

Shewhosweptforest
04-04-2016, 09:29 PM
Yes...you are Poppa Tree :grin3 Again thank you for saving the lil rascal. Ask any questions you have....there is a wealth of knowledge here :great

Probably the most important thing you will need to learn is proper squirrel nutrition...I came here clueless about squirrel nutrition....but with help I've learned a lot :great

This is a good thread to start with http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44440-Healthy-Diet-for-Pet-Squirrels

Henry and Conker
04-04-2016, 09:41 PM
yeah i read that before. he got puppy formula at first followed by walnuts to get him on solids.now he gets rodent blocks with calcium supplement in it. walnuts and pecans as treats. (hes starting to prefer the pecans and sometimes will flat turn down a walnut till i get him a pecan.) he has a cuttle bone to chew. decent cage he spends almost no time in. and a soft cuddlesack.

lennysmom
04-04-2016, 10:21 PM
The little guy sure is blessed to have found a compassionate tree cutter to take him in. :) Im glad you have already educated yourself about the healthy diet as it really is so important for these little fuzzers. And yes, please feel free to ask us any questions you have - caring for a squirrel is quite involved compared to many other animals, as I'm sure you have already discovered.:grin Welcome to TSB! :wave123

Mel1959
04-04-2016, 10:48 PM
:Welcome:Welcome

Bravo
04-05-2016, 09:37 AM
Cool :clap We don't hear from too many tree cutters... who are likely to see more squirrels than many of us combined. Serious points to you for taking this little guy in. :great

Henry and Conker
04-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Cool :clap We don't hear from too many tree cutters... who are likely to see more squirrels than many of us combined. Serious points to you for taking this little guy in. :great
we found a nest of sugar gliders the other day lol unfortunately there nest was in the way but we made sure they all got out first.

HRT4SQRLS
04-05-2016, 09:23 PM
we found a nest of sugar gliders the other day lol unfortunately there nest was in the way but we made sure they all got out first.
Are you sure it was sugar gliders? They are not native to the US. It was probably a nest of flying squirrels.

island rehabber
04-05-2016, 10:01 PM
:Welcome Harry, and bless you for being a compassionate tree-cutter. I apologize in advance if you find your way into my thread about the three babies I have now; they were orphaned by a very UNcompassionate tree-cutter. It is so good to know that not all of you are heartless -- in fact, you fit right in here with all of us nuts..:grin3

Henry and Conker
04-06-2016, 04:54 PM
:Welcome Harry, and bless you for being a compassionate tree-cutter. I apologize in advance if you find your way into my thread about the three babies I have now; they were orphaned by a very UNcompassionate tree-cutter. It is so good to know that not all of you are heartless -- in fact, you fit right in here with all of us nuts..:grin3

its ok occupation does not denote compassion.