PDA

View Full Version : Wild squirrels leaving me gifts

Chickadee
04-02-2016, 04:38 PM
Hello everybody,

I keep finding little rocks and things on my porch left by my squirrels, (or my "porch babies" as I call my squirrels). Most recently one left me a marble. Does anybody else get left presents? Are these really gifts? Or do they just set things down and forget to pick them back up?

Nancy in New York
04-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Hello everybody,

I keep finding little rocks and things on my porch left by my squirrels, (or my "porch babies" as I call my squirrels). Most recently one left me a marble. Does anybody else get left presents? Are these really gifts? Or do they just set things down and forget to pick them back up?

Akkkkkkkkkkk we've had other members mention the same exact thing, now I wished I could remember who. :thinking
Here's a couple links. Not the same thing, but close. :)
http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?44650-Tree-Squirrel-Taking-Rocks&highlight=rocks

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?34511-Buries-rocks&highlight=rocks

Rocky1
04-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Wilds use to show up, eat food, and leave leaves even though I knew that they were making nests, and probably could have used those leaves. Maybe they think that I could use leaves too? I thought they were giving me leaves because they assumed that I valued them since they do. So cute!

SammysMom
04-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Bleu gave me a rock on Halloween...:grin3

Mommaluvy
04-06-2016, 03:26 PM
Mine just hang on the screen an pee on the windows.

I musta made them mad.

marieanto
11-25-2019, 09:38 PM
Hello everybody,

I have a squirrel who leaves me chocolate bars, complete in their wrappers. I come home from work and there's a chocolate bar left on my window sill outside. For years I thought I must have some sort of weird stalker person who left me chocolate.....and then one of my roommates saw a squirrel leave a chocolate bar!! She couldn't believe it. Now I bring the bar in, eat it, and within a week my squirrel friend leaves me another bar. This has been going on for at least 10 years, probably 15 years. I don't know how long squirrels live? - perhaps it's a family trait?! Anyhow, I'm very happy with it. Is there something I should leave out for the squirrel? What would they like?

Thanks

frankc
11-27-2019, 01:02 PM
Apple slices, a few shelled ROASTED peanuts NO SALT. Pecans, walnuts most any nut. Squirrels love nuts. They also like most all fruits. These are considered treats for squirrels, they are not good as a main diet, however it's like rewarding a child with some candy, and they will look forward to the treats.

Chirps
11-29-2019, 08:13 AM
Mine just hang on the screen an pee on the windows.

I musta made them mad.

:laugh2

Oh thank you for the big laugh! I was just reading a bunch of posts in the Rainbow Bridge forum and really needed a pick-me-up.

Chirps
11-29-2019, 08:20 AM
I have a squirrel who leaves me chocolate bars, complete in their wrappers. I come home from work and there's a chocolate bar left on my window sill outside. For years I thought I must have some sort of weird stalker person who left me chocolate.....and then one of my roommates saw a squirrel leave a chocolate bar!! She couldn't believe it. Now I bring the bar in, eat it, and within a week my squirrel friend leaves me another bar. This has been going on for at least 10 years, probably 15 years. I don't know how long squirrels live? - perhaps it's a family trait?! Anyhow, I'm very happy with it. Is there something I should leave out for the squirrel? What would they like?

Thanks
Wow, and you don't feed the squirrel? No relationship that might induce this delightful gift-giving? That's amazing! I wonder what will happen when you start leaving some of the goodies frankc suggested.