PDA

View Full Version : Update on my little friend Munro

Chickadee
03-29-2016, 12:33 PM
Hello,

I'd like to thank everybody here that offered me encouragement and advice with my little Munro back in the autumn. Ultimately I wasn't able to catch him and get him to rehab but it turned out ok in the end ! He amazingly survived his injuries (he lost a front leg, had exposed bone, a broken back leg and lost his tail....). He continued to come every day to my porch 2 or 3 times a day for food and water and I put up a squirrel nest box in a tree outside my window that I knew he could still climb. Filled his house with warm bedding and sure enough he moved in. He has spent the winter in squirrel luxury, eating pecans and sleeping in the warmest nest in the neighborhood.

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/showthread.php?51925-Neighborhood-squirrel-is-injured-and-lost-an-arm-Cat-attack-Need-advice&p=1121415#post1121415

Sara in NW MS
03-29-2016, 01:03 PM
Wow, he looks really good! I remember when you posted about him and his injuries. What an amazing thing to read this afternoon. I'm so glad he has someone to provide him with a warm place to sleep and lots of goodies!

:serene

DarkLies212
03-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Wow, he looks really good! I remember when you posted about him and his injuries. What an amazing thing to read this afternoon. I'm so glad he has someone to provide him with a warm place to sleep and lots of goodies!

:serene

:yeahthat

You did an awesome job!!! :clap

Mel1959
03-29-2016, 02:16 PM
Congratulations on a wonderful success story! How heartwarming that Munro has a warm place to sleep and a full belly. :serene Considering his injuries and physical limitations, these two things may have made the difference between life and death for Munro. Thank you. :hug