PDA

View Full Version : Pneumonia .. this could help

PinkSquirrel
03-13-2016, 03:07 PM
Ok.. so this is going to be odd post .. but bare with me .. behind my reasoning..
When I was younger I worked at a Equestrian hospital in Lexington for several years.. We every year had foals with "shaken foal syndrome" or scientifically Botulism.. We would use a huge massage machine that was basically a huge vibration tool.. and go over the foals chest after feeding and several times a day to loosen the stuff in the lungs to expel..

So I was thinking over the winter and been looking for thing that could work on a smaller scale for wildlife with pneumonia.. the back massagers with the legs was kinda what I was looking for .. but wasn't direct enough.. and kind of to big. So at the mall we went in Spencer's with my niece to get gauged ear rings.. if anyone has been in there lately the whole back of the store is practically an adult store.. ... but I found EXACTLY what I was looking for! A Lil ball on a wire to a controller.. yes a sex toy.. but perfect!

So I haven't had a pneumonia case till now.. since intake one of my 3 Lil ones has never acted normal.. no clicking and wheezing till this morning.. So I got the Lil ball and after feeding I put it on low setting and held him head down to help drainage.. rubbed it over his back and chest.. for about 30 seconds.. and low and behold.. listened again.. clicking and wheezing gone! It's helping! Of course I also started him on antibiotics.. but he was significantly breathing much much better after vibration treatment!

So as weird as it is.. just thought I would share.. and maybe something you all want to add to your box of tricks..

:grin3:grin3:grin3:bunny

Shewhosweptforest
03-13-2016, 03:41 PM
Hmmm..interesting :grin3 Would be fun to explain to the clerk "I've got this baby squirrel...with pneumonia" :eek "yeah, yeah lady...whatever floats your boat" :rofl4

I do think that sounds helpful...as far as breaking up the gunk deeper in their lungs...of course it would only be used with ABs, as you've already stated...but a baby in severe stress, trying to breath :dono may just do the trick...also, I'd be worried about any trauma to the skeletal system....depending I guess on how small the baby is and how strong the vibration...things to note :grin3 Please let me know how it goes :great I sure hope the lil one does well :please

PinkSquirrel
03-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Hmmm..interesting :grin3 Would be fun to explain to the clerk "I've got this baby squirrel...with pneumonia" :eek e

if that's what you call it..bahahahah.. I think you have "kitty" and Squirrel confused

PinkSquirrel
03-13-2016, 03:54 PM
so far the wheezing has not come back.. he gives a cough now and again.. but seems like more energy.. if you didn't know he was wheezing (hear him from afar) you wouldn't even know.. I am wondering if i should only use it when i hear it? or at least 3 times a day.. seems to be doing the trick for this case at least

Shewhosweptforest
03-13-2016, 05:19 PM
Maybe only when you hear it...or once daily, like a treatment....if that doesn't work then increase:great I'd do it as little as possible....just in case it's vibrating something loose :eek I'd go the minimum with results :grin3 glad you aren't hearing anything so far:w00t hang in baby helps here :Love_Icon thanks for caring for these wee lil ones :bowdown :Love_Icon

island rehabber
03-13-2016, 08:23 PM
This is a very interesting idea. So long as the human knows how to be very careful using the 'messager':grin2 I think it can be an improvement on our typical 'turn baby head down and massage from shoulders to hips' method.
So who wants to go to Spencer's and get a whole bunch of them for the rest of us who are too embarassed :hidechair :grin3?

Shewhosweptforest
03-13-2016, 09:23 PM
This is a very interesting idea. So long as the human knows how to be very careful using the 'messager':grin2 I think it can be an improvement on our typical 'turn baby head down and massage from shoulders to hips' method.
So who wants to go to Spencer's and get a whole bunch of them for the rest of us who are too embarassed :hidechair :grin3?

:shakehead :innocent :jump

stepnstone
03-13-2016, 09:54 PM
Hmmm..interesting :grin3 Would be fun to explain to the clerk "I've got this baby squirrel...with pneumonia" :eek "yeah, yeah lady...whatever floats your boat" :rofl4

if that's what you call it..bahahahah.. I think you have "kitty" and Squirrel confused

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying-with-laughter.gif

Sara in NW MS
03-13-2016, 09:59 PM
The same works for CF patients. You just have to be careful not to send too much of a vibration towards the baby's heart. It could accidentally stop the heart.
Great idea though, in the right hands! :)

Gardentoes11
03-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Could you post a pic if this...er....therapeutic device? Some of us would rather order online but need to know exactly what to look for.:innocent:innocent:innocent

Shewhosweptforest
03-13-2016, 10:29 PM
Could you post a pic if this...er....therapeutic device? Some of us would rather order online but need to know exactly what to look for.:innocent:innocent:innocent

:eek :embar :laugh2

PinkSquirrel
03-15-2016, 07:46 AM
http://www.amazon.com/Berman-Athena-Waterproof-Massager-package/dp/B00CCO1MDG/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1458045922&sr=8-2&keywords=bullet+vibrator

I found this and i'm pretty sure it would work also .. but work of advice.. DO NOT TYPE IN SEX TOY in amazon.com...:grin3:grin3

PinkSquirrel
03-15-2016, 07:48 AM
http://www.amazon.com/SEXRIVER-latest-quality-wireless-waterproof/dp/B00QNEGKWY/ref=sr_1_30_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1458046037&sr=8-30&keywords=bullet+vibrator

ohhh even this one looks like it's smaller .. could work quite well!!!

DarkLies212
03-15-2016, 08:43 AM
LMAO! We need a warning that says "not safe for those who may bust out laughing at work"

Good warning about the heart Sara! :Love_Icon

KarmaKay
03-23-2016, 05:24 PM
:glompmakes complete sense. My mom was a respiratory therapist and did back percussion, which loosens the mucus. It makes sense that a back massager would do the same thing. Great thinking. Now I just need to get one for Wally!

Anne
03-24-2016, 08:54 AM
CF patients wear a special vest once a day to bring up mucus. I would think that should work for our squeeese.

janiemcm
04-27-2016, 10:48 AM
I just found it on Amazon, but I don't know if I even have the nerve to order it there! It does look nice and small - perfect for a squirrel!! But...will the packing people snicker? will the mailman know? will they plaster a picture of it across the package? AUGHHHH :embar

kendradfw
04-27-2016, 11:00 AM
This thread is cracking me up...:rotfl

DarkLies212
04-27-2016, 01:53 PM
I just found it on Amazon, but I don't know if I even have the nerve to order it there! It does look nice and small - perfect for a squirrel!! But...will the packing people snicker? will the mailman know? will they plaster a picture of it across the package? AUGHHHH :embar

Usually when ordering things like that (I'M TOLD!), the packing people will be very considerate of the buyer's privacy and not label the box at all.

It could be worse than a simple..erm..device. It could be some very awkward combination to make the packing people talk. (I'm thinking gimp outfits along with spiked belts and ball and gags and then some dog food just for good measure - my brother in law did something similar to a friend who worked at a retail store. BIL scratched off the UPC to dog food, peanut butter, condoms, and a few awkward non sexual that could definitely be sexual items that the friend had to call over the loudspeaker to get prices on!)

Eejay
10-03-2016, 06:53 PM
Just came across this post while reading though all the info here. This does sound promising..as i remember my daughter was admitted into hospital for severe pnemonia when she was 18 months old. And the dr gave me a tennis ball to pat on her chest and back routinely through the day while she was in hospital still to help break up the gunk in her lungs.

cava
10-03-2016, 07:39 PM
As a nurse we learned CPT, chest physiotherapy where you used cupped hands to tap the back and loosen phlegm.

JayB
10-22-2016, 02:49 AM
Ok.. so this is going to be odd post .. but bare with me .. behind my reasoning..
When I was younger I worked at a Equestrian hospital in Lexington for several years.. We every year had foals with "shaken foal syndrome" or scientifically Botulism.. We would use a huge massage machine that was basically a huge vibration tool.. and go over the foals chest after feeding and several times a day to loosen the stuff in the lungs to expel..

So I was thinking over the winter and been looking for thing that could work on a smaller scale for wildlife with pneumonia.. the back massagers with the legs was kinda what I was looking for .. but wasn't direct enough.. and kind of to big. So at the mall we went in Spencer's with my niece to get gauged ear rings.. if anyone has been in there lately the whole back of the store is practically an adult store.. ... but I found EXACTLY what I was looking for! A Lil ball on a wire to a controller.. yes a sex toy.. but perfect!

So I haven't had a pneumonia case till now.. since intake one of my 3 Lil ones has never acted normal.. no clicking and wheezing till this morning.. So I got the Lil ball and after feeding I put it on low setting and held him head down to help drainage.. rubbed it over his back and chest.. for about 30 seconds.. and low and behold.. listened again.. clicking and wheezing gone! It's helping! Of course I also started him on antibiotics.. but he was significantly breathing much much better after vibration treatment!

So as weird as it is.. just thought I would share.. and maybe something you all want to add to your box of tricks..

:grin3:grin3:grin3:bunny

And I thought my saying "a hot steamy shower" sounded odd LOL
As for the packaging...... Your good ;) :laugh2