PDA

View Full Version : Ramon Noodles (without the seasoning pack)

Rocky1
03-11-2016, 04:38 PM
I'm assuming these are okay on occasion since they are primarily flour and vegetable oil...?

Why do I ask? Well, today I woke up to cute little squirrel noises or rummaging sounds in my apartment. I got up to put out a couple HHB's when I saw the tail of my big buddy leave through the balcony door. Odd that she's leaving when I'm coming to feed her, I thought. Then I found out why: Big buddy was carrying around an entire unwrapped package of Ramon Noodles (minus the seasoning - thank goodness). She is so big (size of a cat) that she dwarfed the noodle block, sitting on the balcony railing eating them, chomp chomp chomp. I guess she was very hungry! And Ramon Noodles, as inexpensive as they are, are probably the least she could ask for. A squirrel her size must need a lot of food. Maybe giving her a block of noodles every now and then wouldn't be such a bad idea? Anyone know?

stosh2010
03-11-2016, 04:51 PM
FYI----
Ramen noodles are hard to beat as a cheap, quick meal. It is also hard to top their high sodium content when they're prepared as soup with the seasoning packet that is included with the package. The noodles are already high in sodium without the added seasoning, so it is a better idea to use alternative cooking methods.

Calories
One package of plain ramen noodles contains two servings. Each serving contains close to 190 calories. There are slight variations among the many brands of ramen noodles. A serving also has 7 gram of fat.

Rocky1
03-11-2016, 06:33 PM
FYI----
Ramen noodles are hard to beat as a cheap, quick meal. It is also hard to top their high sodium content when they're prepared as soup with the seasoning packet that is included with the package. The noodles are already high in sodium without the added seasoning, so it is a better idea to use alternative cooking methods.

Calories
One package of plain ramen noodles contains two servings. Each serving contains close to 190 calories. There are slight variations among the many brands of ramen noodles. A serving also has 7 gram of fat.

She ate Maruchan Ramon Noodles. After reading your post, I looked specifically for the sodium content online and it looks like she got 220mg sodium if she ate the whole thing. I'm not sure, but it seems like I've heard that sodium is very bad for squirrels. If this is too much sodium, I think I'll be putting the ramon away. No more.

Rocky1
03-15-2016, 07:07 PM
I don't know if anyone's still reading this. I think big buddy IS QUITE HUNGRY. Today, she tried to open a tub of whey protein. She peeled the plastic wrapper off and there were claw marks on the plastic lid. The kind was MuscleTech Micellar Whey, chocolate flavor.

That tub had never been opened and was factory sealed. I'm amazed that she apparently could smell what's in there.