PDA

View Full Version : safest ivermectin paste in UK

Furrybabies
02-23-2016, 10:16 AM
Hi, Can anyone recommend the best ivermectin paste to buy from UK?
I need to order some ASAP as all my male garden squirrels are all patchy & scratching away. There is no lumps just patches of fur loss & redness.

CritterMom
02-23-2016, 11:02 AM
The paste wormers are all pretty much the same - 1.87% ivermectin. Some, who advertise a lot, are more expensive, but they are the same as the cheaper ones. Most are now flavored in some way - try to stick with things like apple flavored and not peppermint, as rodents don't like that. Other than that, any kind you can get.

Furrybabies
02-23-2016, 03:13 PM
I tried Panomec but to give the correct dosage is really difficult. I think it made the squirrels a little drunk . They were like the gremlins this morning , flipping around everywhere. I will not use that again ��

Furrybabies
02-23-2016, 03:18 PM
The paste wormers are all pretty much the same - 1.87% ivermectin. Some, who advertise a lot, are more expensive, but they are the same as the cheaper ones. Most are now flavored in some way - try to stick with things like apple flavored and not peppermint, as rodents don't like that. Other than that, any kind you can get.

Thanks CritterMom. I will search that up now :)

Furrybabies
02-23-2016, 03:22 PM

I found this

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/horse-wormers-ivermectin-horse-wormers-c-540_174_1233/vectin-horse-wormer-p-1338

Grinderhead
02-23-2016, 03:42 PM
I tried Panomec but to give the correct dosage is really difficult. I think it made the squirrels a little drunk . They were like the gremlins this morning , flipping around everywhere. I will not use that again ��
This is from one of our members.

Default Re: Ivermectin for Wild Squirrels

the usual dose with the paste - the size of an uncooked rice grain, no more (but if much less - won't be effective). So you really have to be careful. I literally had to get a few rice grains, pick the average (not the biggest and not the smallest) and match the dose.

You can lodge the dose in the nut grooves - pecans and walnuts work well. personally, sometimes I ever so slightly carve a groove especially on a walnut. I noticed that squirrels tend no to eat the "peel" on walnuts (almonds and even hazelnuts sometimes) - you know, that brownish "skin" on the kernel. I saw often how they sort of "peel" it off and eat just the kernel. So, just in case, I remove that "skin/peel," carve slightly and put the dose.

The course - 3 treatments spaced 7-10 days apart. If you go longer than that (say, 12 days) - it may not be effective as the med affects the cycles of the parasites and timing is important. Don't go 6days - may be too early and hence toxic.

Important: do not give oral ivermectin to neuro squirrels as it worsens neuro issues significantly. Neuro issues include but are not limited to: wobbliness, head tilts, any degree of unsteadiness, tremors and so on.
Look very closely because sometimes slight tremors may not be noticeable right away especially if you are not used to noticing them.

Ivermectin is very potent and easy to overdose. When overdosed it is toxic and can be fatal. So be very careful.

When done correctly, it works - I've done it myself. Just be careful.

If you have more than one squirrel to treat - when you toss medicated nuts, make sure the same squirrel doesn't get a medicated nut twice during the same treatment - will be fatal.

Furrybabies
02-23-2016, 06:32 PM
This is from one of our members.

Default Re: Ivermectin for Wild Squirrels

the usual dose with the paste - the size of an uncooked rice grain, no more (but if much less - won't be effective). So you really have to be careful. I literally had to get a few rice grains, pick the average (not the biggest and not the smallest) and match the dose.

You can lodge the dose in the nut grooves - pecans and walnuts work well. personally, sometimes I ever so slightly carve a groove especially on a walnut. I noticed that squirrels tend no to eat the "peel" on walnuts (almonds and even hazelnuts sometimes) - you know, that brownish "skin" on the kernel. I saw often how they sort of "peel" it off and eat just the kernel. So, just in case, I remove that "skin/peel," carve slightly and put the dose.

The course - 3 treatments spaced 7-10 days apart. If you go longer than that (say, 12 days) - it may not be effective as the med affects the cycles of the parasites and timing is important. Don't go 6days - may be too early and hence toxic.

Important: do not give oral ivermectin to neuro squirrels as it worsens neuro issues significantly. Neuro issues include but are not limited to: wobbliness, head tilts, any degree of unsteadiness, tremors and so on.
Look very closely because sometimes slight tremors may not be noticeable right away especially if you are not used to noticing them.

Ivermectin is very potent and easy to overdose. When overdosed it is toxic and can be fatal. So be very careful.

When done correctly, it works - I've done it myself. Just be careful.

If you have more than one squirrel to treat - when you toss medicated nuts, make sure the same squirrel doesn't get a medicated nut twice during the same treatment - will be fatal.

Very informative thanks 😀

Spanky
02-23-2016, 07:43 PM

Just believed this could not be emphasized enough since you are challenged with treating multiple fuzz butts!

Furrybabies
02-24-2016, 04:26 AM
Just ordered this online, other brands needed a prescription.

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/panacur-equine-paste-24g.html

I was advised to apply the paste using a match stick end.
I really hope this works. I can't bare seeing them scratching & stressing out.

One of my female squirrels is missing she's been with me 2 years. I don't know if it's because she has given birth but it's been 7-8 days now & I am really worried. :sadness

Furrybabies
02-24-2016, 04:39 AM
Just ordered this online, other brands needed a prescription.

http://www.animeddirect.co.uk/panacur-equine-paste-24g.html

I was advised to apply the paste using a match stick end.
I really hope this works. I can't bare seeing them scratching & stressing out.

One of my female squirrels is missing she's been with me 2 years. I don't know if it's because she has given birth but it's been 7-8 days now & I am really worried. :sadness

My cheeky little girl

CritterMom
02-24-2016, 05:51 AM
Panacur does not have ivermectin. I don't believe it will treat mange...

CritterMom
02-24-2016, 05:52 AM
I found this

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/horse-wormers-ivermectin-horse-wormers-c-540_174_1233/vectin-horse-wormer-p-1338

Can't you get this?

Furrybabies
02-24-2016, 06:20 AM
Panacur does not have ivermectin. I don't believe it will treat mange...

Oh no really? :drama

Furrybabies
02-24-2016, 06:51 AM
Can't you get this?

Thanks goodness you saw my post Crittermom! :great
Yes I just called them up & told them that I ordered the wrong item, luckily they have that item too. I will return the Panacur & use Vectin instead.
Only thing is that I had to lie & say It's for my 300 kg pony lol :innocent

CritterMom
02-24-2016, 08:02 AM
LOL. Panacur is a really good, gentle wormer that squirrels CAN take but it isn't what you give for mange. I am glad you got it changed. The "rice grain" dose every 7-10 days is the ticket for the ivermectin, too.

whasonkellywatson7
06-25-2022, 04:29 AM
Ivermectin (https://buyivermectin24.com/product/ivermectin-for-humans/) is a commonly prescribed drug in various parts of the world. It is used for treating people with worms and other parasites in their bodies. The drug can be used by both people who have a mild parasite problem as well as those who have an infection that requires stronger medication such as ivermectin bought online without a prescription. If you are wondering where to buy ivermectin https://buyivermectin24.com/ in the UK or want to know about effective dosages for eliminating some particular kinds of worm infections, then you should take your questions with you when talking to your doctor. Before deciding whether you should use ivermectin, talk with your doctor about exactly what kind of worm infection you’re dealing with and how serious it might be.

Diggie's Friend
06-26-2022, 08:46 AM
Thanks for the additional info on Pancour CrMom; good to know!

Aberant
10-04-2022, 10:49 PM
I'm a researcher and developer, so I really like your website, I love animals and they're super cute fnf mods (https://fnfmods.io)

Aberant
10-04-2022, 11:37 PM
I think your post so greatt fun

ladyjames6600
05-04-2023, 02:09 AM
I enjoyed reading the above article, really explain everything in detail, engaging and effective article to navigate the kids. Flagle (https://flaglegame.net) brain stimulating game, predicting the flags of countries is also a way to improve knowledge, with simple gameplay!