PDA

View Full Version : sorry. meant advantage 2

grampyngramy
01-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Sorry old timers must have set in. Gramy bought advantage 2 for kittens. Any dosing info for that? Thanks.

SammysMom
01-28-2016, 05:34 PM
I have never heard of using that for squirrels. Have only ever used Revolution.

astra
01-28-2016, 11:23 PM
I vaguely remember something "negative" about advantage and squirrels.
Definitely no advantage for babies. But for adults - don't remember for sure. Revolution is always preferred for mange. For fleas and such - an unscented dawn wipe down.

PS. I've just double checked - no Advantage (and no Frontline - just in case) for babies. Both are very toxic and will be lethal.
Wouldn't risk it on adults either.
Again, Dawn wipe down is the safest (dilute in warm water, using paper towel/washcloth gently and thoroughly wipe the baby down, careful not to get into the eyes, mouth and ears. Even necessary - repeat. Then, wipe off the dawn with a clean water/washcloth/papertowel. Dry the baby thoroughly, and ensure it will be warm and out of drafts etc. etc.. It helps to wrap in papertowels and then in fleece, then change dampened papertowels a few times until the baby is dry. ) If you still see fleas, you can repeat the same the next day.
For very severe infestations, I remember IR recommending Zodiak flea & tick spray for kittens & cats. But will let her confirm that.

grampyngramy
01-29-2016, 11:04 AM
I have a spray that works, but with kazee u only get one shot. I soak a cotton ball with it and get a dap or two on him and thats it. U can't burrito him. I had my son trying to hold him and he git bit to the bone. It's kazee's way or no way. That's why i was looking at drops. Thought it was an old post on here about the advantage. Maybe another site. Anyway guess we will have to buy some more. Thanks.

SammysMom
01-29-2016, 05:24 PM
Get a tube of Revolution. Remember though. Only ONE or TWO DROPs. Put it into an airtight container and use a syringe to put just one or two drops between his shoulder blades.

grampyngramy
01-29-2016, 09:29 PM
I think we need a prescription for that.