PDA

View Full Version : what abiut adams drops?

grampyngramy
01-28-2016, 01:39 PM
Gramy bought some adams flea drops for kittens. Anyone have info about using it on squirrels?

TubeDriver
01-28-2016, 01:52 PM
I can't say for sure but I found an ingredient list for an Adams product

Adams Flea & Tick Mist
This treatment applies to the following species:
Cats
Dogs
Manufacturer: V.P.L.
INSECTICIDE, REPELLENT & DEODORANT

Kills fleas, ticks & lice

Temporarily repels flies, gnats & mosquitoes

For dogs, puppies, cats and kittens

Active Ingredients
Pyrethrins

0.15%

*Piperonyl butoxide, technical

1.50%

N-Octyl bicycloheptene dicarboximide

0.51%

Di-n-propyl isocinchomeronate

0.50%

**OTHER INGREDIENTS

97.34%

TOTAL

100.00%

*Equivalent to 1.20% of butylcarbityl (6-propylpiperonyl) ether and .30% of related compounds.

**Other ingredients include grooming additives to ease combing and brushing of the coat to remove dead fleas, ticks and lice.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

I did find a couple references that it can be used on a rat but not sure about squirrels? I would be cautious, some of this stuff can be pretty dangerous to a little fellow like Kazee. I hope someone here can comment of possible dosing amounts, I would imagine that it would be a VERY small dose. I know that generally, people here prefer kitten Revolution (and a lesser number of people here like the 1.87% Ivermectin paste which is also very inexpensive and can be purchased at a feed store for about $5). If you get any of these, dose amount is REALLY important. Too much Ivermectin for example can be fatal! Let us know if you need dosing help!

How is Kazee doing?:wave123

Gramy bought some adams flea drops for kittens. Anyone have info about using it on squirrels?

DarkLies212
01-28-2016, 02:13 PM
I've read some terrible things about Adams. All kinds of nasty reactions including death in many animals. My parents used it for their outside cat without any problems, but I know for ferrets and rabbits it's not recommended at all due to the high number of deaths.

Personally, I try to stay away from the stuff totally