PDA

View Full Version : Greens/Lettuce Tip

Mennome
12-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Those working with squirrels for a long time already know this tip I just discovered. I always found a lot of wasted lettuces in Dibbles cage/feeding areas. One day, I chopped the items up using my Pampered Chef salad scissors. Pic attached. Success!! Who knew?! NOT I!!! Dibble just wanted those greens and lettuces cut smaller! Now, very little waste at the end of each day. Give it a try if you are wondering why your squirrel doesn't eat the veggies you leave. Maybe yours is like Dibble too!

DarkLies212
12-19-2015, 10:35 PM
Interesting tip! Mine throw all of theirs all over, so I can't imagine all the little lettuce confetti!!

island rehabber
12-20-2015, 06:30 AM
Good idea. Mine have been trampling a lot of theirs and not eating them, so I will try that!

kcassidy
12-20-2015, 05:51 PM
Interesting tip! Mine throw all of theirs all over, so I can't imagine all the little lettuce confetti!!

Mine do the same. They usually take a taste and then dig thru it flinging it everywhere.

I'll try chopping it up smaller.

Thanks for the tip

pixiepoo
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Oh I wonder if that would help my guys! I just made a purée of their greens with some avocado, yogurt and applesauce to get them to eat them! :)

Mennome
12-20-2015, 11:34 PM
Let me know if anyone else has a squirrel that just prefers the smaller pieces. It has helped us! I'd love the feedback from others stories.