PDA

View Full Version : Henry's healthy treats

monical/scharlie
12-17-2015, 08:21 AM
I have a squirrel named Charlie, he is an adult male. I have researched many sights about nutritional needs for him, he has always ate fruit, veggies, nuts, acorns, pine cones, and much more. I recently bought him the Henry's healthly squirrel wild bites food, he loves it, but now wont each much of anything else. I notice the first ingredient listec is peanuts, but i read somewhere to not give them to many peanuts cause they have no nutritional value and could make them sick. If this is true should i be feeding these to my Charie?

DarkLies212
12-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Don't panic, wild Bites are perfectly safe for your little man! Henry's is an amazing website with amazing products built around the nutrition of squirrels. I'm not sure what the difference between Wild Bites and Indoor squirrel blocks are, but I would [personally] try to transition him over to the Picky Eater Blocks. It's what many use for their indoor squirrels. Be sure to closely follow the guide on the bag for the amount per day - too many could negatively effect him

You're right in that you should avoid peanuts :clap Kudos for doing your research for Charlie! Now we just need pictures of the little guy! :poke :grin3

Also, be sure you're checking the acorns for toxins by cutting them in half!

monical/scharlie
12-17-2015, 08:47 AM
What am i looking for when i cut the acorns in half? I read to make sure they didnt look moldy, but i never cut them in half.

island rehabber
12-17-2015, 09:13 AM
Acorns should be a very clean-looking pale yellow or white inside. No black or grey areas, no spots. :)
I also feed Picky Blocks from Henry's to my NR and my overwintering squirrels -- they have some peanut and pecan powder in them but they are full of nutrition! :great

Shaena
12-28-2015, 03:22 AM
I ordered a fairly big $$ order from Henry's, but it never arrived, it shipped a month ago, and no-one will reply. What should I do?

stepnstone
12-28-2015, 04:37 AM
I ordered a fairly big $$ order from Henry's, but it never arrived, it shipped a month ago, and no-one will reply. What should I do?

If you know it shipped you should have the tracking details on your conformation order that's sent to your given email to
determine where it's (still) at or if it claims to have been delivered. A month is excessive but receiving shipments during the holidays
can be really slow and frustrating. I find it hard to believe you can not get a reply from Henry's, the folks there are pretty efficient
with responding to their customers. Have you used the "contact us" form listed on their site and/ or used the phone number listed?

Shaena
12-29-2015, 11:04 AM
yes, of course I sent multiple emails, and tracking says it shipped and was being held weeks ago by their postal service, but Henry's would need to contact them, or reply to me, and nothing.

CritterMom
12-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Call them at the 800 number on the site.

Shewhosweptforest
12-29-2015, 11:11 AM
We ordered our's the weekend before Christmas and received them Tues or Wed of that week.....so something is definitely wrong. Plus you don't want them now...they will not be any good :( I'm sure Henry's will take care of it :great

Edit: oh shoot you're in Canada....that might be part of the problem :(