PDA

View Full Version : New to this site & looking for a baby to call our own♡

josiejasmine1992
12-13-2015, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Josie. I am new to this site and I wanted to tell you a little about myself.

My husband is in pest control and found a squirrel stuck in a wall that had been there for a week. Well we took it home and tried to get it all back to health but it was very skinny and very dehydrated. Long story short, we tried and tried but unfortunately the squirrel had passed away. So we buried him and put a cross up for him and our hearts have not been the same.

So I started doing research but found out its actually illegal to keep squirrels which I did not know. But, now I do. Im from texas, around the Dallas area and I'm wanting to purchase a flying squirrel for our family or even 2. I've been doing lots of research and I think that I am ready to have some. Southern flying of course. I had owned sugar gliders before but after having them for years they passed away. But I know they are completely different then Southern flying and I do believe I would prefer Southern over Sugar.

If you know of anyone around the Dallas area that has some please let me know! Thanks again. And of course thanks for having me be apart of this group:)

DarkLies212
12-13-2015, 04:16 PM
Hi!! Welcome to TSB!!
Browse the SFS forum and you might find something you didn't know before :hug The great thing about TSB is that we're always learning and there's always something new

There are often people looking to rehome their squirrels, so if you stick around fate might drop one your way!

stosh2010
12-13-2015, 04:23 PM
WELCOME to T.S.B.
I hope you get connected to the right folks and get to become squirrel parents---real soon.
I am in Costa Rica and have several non-releasable tree squirels.There are links to some of them below this post.
Please drop in and say hello to the CRUISER DUDE, the KING (RamaRota), Milagro, J.D. Marx, SEIS and LUNA.
Use the search window (top right) to locate J.D. and Milagro.

josiejasmine1992
12-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Thank yall for the welcomes. I have seen a few people on here that have some squirrels that are "illegal" as well but aren't able to be released. I would love a regular tree squirrel but it stinks they are illegal. I don't understand why it's legal to shoot and kill them here in TX but don't dare keep them as a pet and love, care for, & spoil them :tap ugh just don't make sense. I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for some babies♡ I don't know if the pics have shown up but this was our little Bugs.

HRT4SQRLS
12-13-2015, 10:01 PM
:wave123 Josie

:Welcome to TheSquirrelBoard

I'm glad you found us. I'm sorry your baby didn't make it... a beautiful little fox squirrel. A week inside a wall would have been difficult to overcome.
I have 3 flyers and I'll be glad to share with you about them. They are adorable little critters. :grin2 It's late so I have to :sleep
but I'll get back with you tomorrow. :thumbsup