PDA

View Full Version : Chew Ideas?

Adi
10-28-2015, 10:46 AM
I would love to know if others have ideas on things i can get for Peetie to chew on. She has tree branches, and deer antlers and wood but would love to know if there are anything other that i could get her to chew on. I thought i had read once about a certain dog chew in the store but not sure and would not chance it. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

lennysmom
10-28-2015, 12:19 PM
The only thing I might add to this list would be hickory nuts and black walnuts. Both are very hard nuts and usually take squirrels awhile to chew through.

DarkLies212
10-28-2015, 12:32 PM
I use those calcium/beak blocks for birds (not the cuttlebone) that they love to chew on. They come in various fruit shapes and flavors. If you can stand the sound of teeth scraping on chalk! :grin3

Adi
10-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Thank you for the suggestions. I have ordered her some walnuts in the shell and she already gets hickory nuts. She does have to work hard to get into those for sure. Also went to get the fruit thing suggested and put it in her room. Appreciate all the help...:)

Mennome
11-09-2015, 07:51 PM
At what age is it safe to introduce shelled nuts? My Dibs is chewing very hard at all branches I provide over the past week. He is now 11 weeks old. Is there any risk to his teeth at this age to introduce hard shelled nuts such as almond, filberts, walnut?