PDA

View Full Version : Belle the beautiful squirrel!

SquirrelMamma
10-03-2015, 12:45 AM
Hello everyone. I am introducing my baby Belle. I came across Belle while visiting a friend. I'm in Florida so at the time it was storming, windy, and his yard was flooded. Me and my friend live on the same street, so its just a walk away... but while outside in his yard we heard the cry of a baby squirrel. It was my Belle. The mothers nest had been destroyed and she was moving her young to her reserve nest two trees away. We stayed away so as to not disturb her, but the sound attracted stray cats. Belle screamed for a good thirty minutes before falling to the ground. She landed in a puddle and no longer made a sound. I had a choice to make, leave her there with cats waiting to pounce and the possibility to drown or take her in and nurse her to health. So I chose to bring her home. There was no dry area to set her and she was very skinny. That was September 13th. Right away I rushed to get her pedialyte, dry her and warm her up. She was not injured in anyway, and has steadily grown and gained weight. On the 21st her right eye opened and the next day her left eye followed. I am so blessed to have her In my life, and equally as blessed to have all of you to give wonderful advice! She eats Esbilac formula, and looks really good. I even added a feeder at my friends house for the mother so her other young will not be skinny. Here are some pics of my love.264214264215

Gardentoes11
10-03-2015, 01:08 AM
Welcome, Belle! You are blessed indeed to have a squirrel love you.

island rehabber
10-03-2015, 06:46 AM
:Welcome:Welcome SquirrelMamma and Belle! So glad you found us!
It sounds like you're on the right track already, but please feel free to ask any and all questions. We love to help. If it takes awhile to get a response, holler again -- it's still baby season and some of us are a little distracted :grin2.

Chickenlegs
10-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Hi Belle! You're beautiful! :Welcome