PDA

View Full Version : Poop Question

Mad Max's Mom
08-30-2015, 04:24 PM
So my three sweeties are gaining weight steadily. I got them last Saturday and two had their eyes open but only weighed about 58 grams. I started off with the goats milk formula and and they did well on it but didn't poop much which worried me. All three have eyes open now. I transitioned them over to Fox Valley 20/50 and they loved it and started pooping large amounts (formed). The poop is a pale yellow and I do not remember my Mad Max's poop being that pale. They have gained weight into the 90's gram range. I know they still a bit under weight for their age. They are good eaters and I've tried to give them amounts based on 7% of their body weight to help them gain. My big boy, Mack has taken less formula during his past two feedings today. He is happy, peeing, and pooping. I know this is a lot of info but I'm worried about Mack's sudden decline in hunger and about the pale color of their poop. Suggestions? I saw one post that said pale yellow poop is a sign of over feeding. These guys have nice soft bellies so they do not have any bloat.... They also have Henry's blocks which they are nibbling on. Thanks! :Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon

stosh2010
08-30-2015, 04:43 PM
So my three sweeties are gaining weight steadily. I got them last Saturday and two had their eyes open but only weighed about 58 grams. I started off with the goats milk formula and and they did well on it but didn't poop much which worried me. All three have eyes open now. I transitioned them over to Fox Valley 20/50 and they loved it and started pooping large amounts (formed). The poop is a pale yellow and I do not remember my Mad Max's poop being that pale. They have gained weight into the 90's gram range. I know they still a bit under weight for their age. They are good eaters and I've tried to give them amounts based on 7% of their body weight to help them gain. My big boy, Mack has taken less formula during his past two feedings today. He is happy, peeing, and pooping. I know this is a lot of info but I'm worried about Mack's sudden decline in hunger and about the pale color of their poop. Suggestions? I saw one post that said pale yellow poop is a sign of over feeding. These guys have nice soft bellies so they do not have any bloat.... They also have Henry's blocks which they are nibbling on. Thanks! :Love_Icon:Love_Icon:Love_Icon
Fox Valley will produce GOLDEN poop-as compared to the dark brown poops from their natural mom's milk.262588

Mad Max's Mom
08-31-2015, 04:10 AM
Thanks Stosh - thats a relief. One of my males isn't eating though. He is still active but refusing the formula. He isn't weaning himself is he? He is between 6 and 7 weeks old. Thanks.